From April 1-4, 2009, thousands of dental research scientists, students, and educators from around the world will convene in Miami, FL, USA, as the International Association for Dental Research (IADR) holds its 87th General Session & Exhibition at the Miami Beach Convention Center. This is also the 38th Annual Meeting of the American Associatoin for Dental Research (AADR) and the 33rd Annual Meeting of the Canadian Association for Dental Research (CADR).
This press kit contains:
- a background paper on the IADR, AADR, and CADR,
- a general news release on the meeting,
- a release on the IADR/GlaxoSmithKline Innovation in Oral Care Awards,
- procedures for arranging interviews,
- a guide to the releases,
- who's who in the releases,
- releases on selected abstracts,
- releases on the 2009 Distinguished Scientist Award-winners,
- a release on the 2009 IADR Awards and Fellowships, including the IADR Honorary Membership, IADR Distinguished Service Award, the IADR/AADR William J. Gies Awards, the IADR/AADR Journal of Dental Research "Cover of the Year, 2008" Award, the IADR E.W. Borrow Memorial Award, the IADR David B. Scott Fellowship, the IADR/Lion Dental Research Awards for Junior Investigators, the IADR Toshio Nakao Fellowship, the IADR/Colgate Research in Prevention Travel Awards, the IADR/Unilever Divisional Awards, the IADR/Unilever Hatton Awards Competition; the AADR Bloc Travel Grant recipients; AADR Honorary Membership; the Jack Hein Public Service Award; the AADR William B. Clark Fellowship; the AADR Neal W. Chilton Fellowship; the National Student Research Group Mentor Award; the AADR/Johnson & Johnson Oral Health Products Hatton Awards; the AADR Student Research Fellowships; the AADR NSRG DENTSPLY/Caulk Competition; and
- a release on the Distinguished Lecture Series, Symposia, Keynote Speakers, and Hands-on Workshops.
Representatives of the media may present credentials from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on Wednesday, April 1st, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Thursday, April 2nd, and from 9 a.m. to Noon on Friday, April 3rd, in the IADR Registration Area at the Convention Center. No media representative will be admitted to any part of the IADR General Session without first checking in and obtaining a badge, which must be displayed at all times.