Public release date: 6-Dec-2011
Contact: L. Misteli
International Osteoporosis Foundation
Register now for the European Congress on Osteoporosis & Osteoarthritis in Bordeaux
Early bird registration deadline is December 9, 2012
Don't miss out on low early bird rates for the premier bone meeting in 2012. The European Congress on Osteoporosis & Osteoarthritis (IOF-ECCEO12), from March 21-24, 2012 will be held in in the magnificent city of Bordeaux, France. Take advantage of low early bird rates: register by December 9, 2011 at http://www.iof-ecceo12.org
Enjoy a high quality programme led by international experts and key thought leaders...
The conundrum of biological ageing - L. Partridge (Servier Honorary lecture)
Changes in epidemiology of osteoporotic fractures - C. Cooper
Gender specificity, the male paradigm - E. Orwoll
How bone is built - E. Seeman (Educational lecture)
Is Rheumatoid Arthritis a bone disease? - W.F. Lems
Current controversies in primary and secondary fracture prevention - E. McCloskey
How long should we treat - C. Roux
Risk-benefits of osteoporosis treatment: lessons from cohort or randomized controlled studies - B. Abrahamsen
FRAX: where are we now? - J. Kanis
Building new bone: is that possible? - S. Papapoulos
Efficacy and safety of calcium supplements - S. Boonen
Management of osteoarthritis - T. Bardin
Sequential therapies - S. Ferrari
Sarcopenia and frailty: assessment and management (2 sessions) - A.A. Sayer & Y. Rolland
Clinical utility of bone turnover markers - J.C. Souberbielle
Avascular necrosis - T. Thomas
Obesity and fracture risk - J. Compston
Bone disease in primary hyperparathyroidism - J.P. Bilezikian
Nutrition and bone - B. Dawson-Hughes
Prevalent fracture and quality of life - J. Adachi
Whole body vibration - E. McCloskey • and more...
- Prevention of bone fractures in post-menopausal women treated with aromatase inhibitors for breast cancer
- Treatment of glucocorticoïd-induced osteoporosis (GIOP)
- Treatment of osteoporosis in men
- Tools to assess frailty and sarcopenia
- Antidepressant medications and osteoporosis
- Diagnosis and treatment of osteoarthritis: state of the art
- How to define responders in osteoarthritis?
- Health Claims for Nutriceuticals Products in the Field of Cartilage and Joint
- Compliance with osteoporosis medications: Causes of poor adherence; current statuts, clinical and economical consequences and interventions
- Scientific Session jointly organized by the "Groupe de Recherche et d'Information sur les Ostéoporoses" (GRIO) and the "Société Française de Rhumatologie" (SFR)
The program also includes seven informative Satellite Symposia, as well as oral and poster presentations. Several prestigious awards, including for young investigators, will be presented. Further information is available on the meeting website at http://www.iof-ecceo12.org
Interested in translational bone research?
The 2nd IOF-ESCEO Pre-Clinical Symposium, will be held from March 23-24, 2012 in conjunction with IOF-ECCEO12. This two–day forum dedicated to basic and translational bone research is free to registrants of IOF-ECCEO12 (or only 150 euro for access to Symposium alone). The Symposium is chaired by Stuart Ralston.
Submit your abstract:
Ensure your research is showcased at this internationally renowned congress. All abstracts will be published in 'Osteoporosis International'.
Abstract Deadline: January 12, 2012
Complete programme information is available at http://www.iof-ecceo12.org
Early-Bird: December 9, 2011
Abstract Deadline: January 12, 2012
Pre-Registration online: March 7, 2012
AAAS and EurekAlert! are not responsible for the accuracy of news releases posted to EurekAlert! by contributing institutions or for the use of any information through the EurekAlert! system.