London (April 09, 2013). SAGE, one of the world's leading independent and academic publishers, has today announced that it has been selected as a content provider for the NICE Electronic and Print Content Agreement Framework for the NHS.
Acknowledged providers of the NICE Framework have been recognized by the NHS as providing high quality medical and healthcare print and electronic content, products, services and knowledge resources that will add value to and support the research needs of NHS customers. As an approved NICE Framework content provider, NHS purchasers can access and view details of products and services, purchasing and pricing models, available through the Framework as well as purchasing guidance, from the NICE Electronic and Print Content Framework Agreement signpost of the Journals and Databases page at Evidence Search .
As part of this agreement, NHS purchasers will be able to purchase all SAGE journal content. This includes journals published on behalf of some of the world's most prestigious societies and associations including the Royal Society of Medicine, the Royal College of General Practitioners, the International Headache Society, the European Society of Cardiology, the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists, the British Association for Psychopharmacology, and the British Association for Urological Surgeons.
"SAGE has consistently grown our programme in medicine over recent decades, and is now a leading medical publisher," said Ziyad Marar, Global Publishing Director, SAGE. "Being selected by NICE as a content provider recognizes the high quality of our portfolio and the relevance of our resources for medical practitioners."
Notes to editors:
Evidence Searchis a fast, free service provided by NICE for everyone who works in health and social care to help them make informed decisions about treatments and resources. The web portal provides free access to best practice, clinical and non-clinical information. http://www.
SAGE is a leading international publisher of journals, books, and electronic media for academic, educational, and professional markets. Since 1965, SAGE has helped inform and educate a global community of scholars, practitioners, researchers, and students spanning a wide range of subject areas including business, humanities, social sciences, and science, technology, and medicine. An independent company, SAGE has principal offices in Los Angeles, London, New Delhi, Singapore and Washington DC. http://www.
The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) is the independent organisation responsible for providing national guidance and standards on the promotion of good health and the prevention and treatment of ill health. NICE produces guidance in three areas of health:
- public health - guidance on the promotion of good health and the prevention of ill health for those working in the NHS, local authorities and the wider public and voluntary sector
- health technologies - guidance on the use of new and existing medicines, treatments, medical technologies (including devices and diagnostics) and procedures within the NHS
- Clinical practice - guidance on the appropriate treatment and care of people with specific diseases and conditions within the NHS. NICE produces standards for patient care:
- quality standards -these reflect the very best in high quality patient care, to help healthcare practitioners and commissioners of care deliver excellent services
- Quality and Outcomes Framework - NICE develops the clinical and health improvement indicators in the QOF, the Department of Health scheme which rewards GPs for how well they care for patients
- Commissioning Outcomes Framework - NICE develops the potential indicators for the COF, the scheme starting in 2013, which will help measure the health outcomes and quality of care commissioned by Clinical Commissioning Groups. NICE provides advice and support on putting NICE guidance and standards into practice through its implementation programme, and it collates and accredits high quality health guidance, research and information to help health professionals deliver the best patient care through Evidence Search.