" The ESMO 15th World Congress on Gastrointestinal Cancer promises to continue the tradition of excellence and stimulate the interest of its participants. We look forward to seeing you in July 2013 in Barcelona for what will be a most important and most memorable scientific meeting."
Mario Dicato, MD and Eric Van Cutsem, MD, PhD - 15th ESMO World GI Congress Co-Chairs
The ESMO 15th World Congress in Gastrointestinal Cancer is the premier global event in the field, encompassing malignancies affecting every component of the gastrointestinal tract and aspects related to the care of patients with gastrointestinal cancer, including screening, diagnosis and the latest management options for common and uncommon tumours.
With the focus on personalised therapy, multidisciplinary management and unravelling molecular mechanisms, the congress will update the broad range of experts who participate in the treatment of gastrointestinal cancers, providing a clear overview for treatment.
- Adjuvant capecitabine and oxaliplatin (XELOX) for gastric cancer after D2 gastrectomy: final results from the CLASSIC trial
- REGARD Phase 3, randomized trial of ramucirumab in patients with metastatic gastric or GEJ adenocarcinoma following progression on first-line chemotherapy
- Updated results of the phase 2 IMPACT trial: Maintenance with MGN1703 vs placebo in patients with advanced colorectal carcincoma (mCRC)
- Folfoxiri/bevacizumab versus FOLFIRI/bevacizumab as first-line treatment in unresectable metastatic colorectal cancer: results of phase III TRIBE trial by GONO group.
- FOLFIRI plus cetuximab versus FOLFIRI plus bevacizumab as first-line treatment of KRAS-wildtype metastatic colorectal cancer: German AIO study KRK-0306 (FIRE-3)
- Evaluation of KRAS, NRAS, and BRAF Mutations in PRIME: Panitumumab With FOLFOX4 as First-Line Treatment in Metastatic Colorectal Cancer (mCRC)
Abstracts selected by the Scientific Committee and the Congress Chairs as the Top Abstracts for
the ESMO 15th World Congress on Gastrointestinal Cancer ,are available on the Congress website at
Other abstracts will be available to subscribers on the Annals of Oncology website at http://annonc.
The complete scientific agenda is available at http://worldgicancer.
All abstract details are embargoed until Wednesday, 3 July 2013 at 15:00
Journalists are required to observe embargoes as indicated, thank you!
Mario Dicato, MD, Luxembourg Medical Center, Luxembourg, Luxembourg
Eric Van Cutsem, MD, PhD, University Hospital Gasthuisberg, Leuven, Belgium
Vice Chair: Josep Tabernero, MD, Vall d'Hebron University Hospital, Barcelona, Spain
ESMO welcomes media interested in obtaining information and reporting on cancer issues.
Registration is free to bona fide journalists employed by news organizations for the purpose of editorial coverage. Representatives from qualified media outlets must represent editorial staff, not the advertising or marketing staff. Press members may register by forwarding their information and media credentials via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax to +1 (770) 751 7332.
Journalists are required to submit appropriate media credentials as part of their registration application including a photocopy or original business card from an established publication containing your editorial title, a current press identification card, a letter of assignment from the media organization being represented, two bylined medical/health/science articles published within the last six months, or coverage from the previous year's meeting (if applicable), and a copy of the publication.
Media representatives are required to observe and abide by the Media Policy .
Onsite Press Resources:
The press room will be located in the International Conventional Center of Barcelona (CCIB), Entrance Hall
Wednesday, 3 July 13:00 - 19:00
Thursday 4- 8:00 - 18:45
Friday, 5 July 8:00 - 19:20
Saturday, 6 July 8:30 - 16:30
Press room facilities include a media-only work area with internet access. Congress materials, scientific highlights, information on Congress representatives, and general information on gastrointestinal cancers will be available.
A room for conducting interviews is located on the M2 level. Press Conferences are not allowed in the Interview room.
For further information please contact: