Beginning Tuesday, September 10, Denver's Convention Center will play host to one of the world's premier infectious diseases meetings, the 53rd Interscience Conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy (ICAAC). Over 6,000 scientists are expected to attend, with a total attendance of nearly 9,000 people. Sponsored by the American Society for Microbiology (ASM), ICAAC has traditionally been an outlet for the latest news on emerging trends in disease and new drugs.
Among the announcements expected next week:
- Pertussis Rates Rise Significantly in US Elderly
- A Drug for Genital Warts Effective Against Drug Resistant Influenza
- Vitamin D Supplements Prevent Recurrent Ear Infections in Children
- The Latest Epidemiology for C. difficile
- Cutting-Edge Technology Uses Lasers to Rapidly Identify Multiple Pathogens
Online Press Kit
An online press kit containing tipsheets, press releases and a full press conference schedule can be found at http://bit.