PUBLIC RELEASE DATE:
Contact: Cordelia Adams
Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology
MARC travel awards announced for 2013 Institute on Teaching and Mentoring
Bethesda, MD – FASEB MARC (Maximizing Access to Research Careers) Program has announced the travel award recipients for the 2013 Institute on Teaching and Mentoring, Arlington, VA from October 31-November 3, 2013. These awards are meant to promote the entry of underrepresented minority students, postdoctorates and scientists into the mainstream of the basic science community.
Awards are given to graduate students, postdocs and new assistant professors. This year MARC conferred 22 awards totaling $40,700.
The FASEB MARC Program is funded by a grant from the National Institute of General Medical Sciences, National Institutes of Health. A primary goal of the MARC Program is to increase the number and competitiveness of underrepresented minorities engaged in biomedical and behavioral research.
Ph.D. STUDENTS (FASEB MARC PROGRAM)
- Alex J. Brewer III, Baylor College of Medicine
- Wayne Brewer, Texas Woman's University
- Patrice Linette Capers, University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Shilpa Gadwal, University of Michigan Ann Arbor
- Monica Galaz-Montoya, Baylor College of Medicine
- Angelina Hernandez, Indiana University School of Medicine
- Antentor O. Hinton, Jr. Baylor College of Medicine
- Ivelisse Irizarry, Rutgers University
- Miara Jeffress, Howard University
- Jennifer L. Jones, Iowa State University
- Jorge L. Medina, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
- Megan Meyer, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Albanus O. Moguche, University of Washington
- Nicholas Murray, The University of Texas at El Paso
- Donasian O. Ochola, Colorado State University
- Eliut R. Rivera-Segarra, Ponce School of Medicine & Health Sciences
- Martin G. Rosario Canales, University of Puerto Rico Medical Sciences Campus
- Shayla Shorter, Emory University
- Elkhansa Sidahmed, University of Michigan
- Chelsea R. Singleton, University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Gloria Slattum, University of Utah
- Jose A. Torres, Texas Southern University
AAAS and EurekAlert! are not responsible for the accuracy of news releases posted to EurekAlert! by contributing institutions or for the use of any information through the EurekAlert! system.