The largest mathematics meeting in the world will take place Jan. 15-18, 2014, at the Baltimore Convention Center.
Among the events are:
- The Prize and Award Ceremony (1/16);
- Many Invited Addresses by noted mathematicians, including Emmanuel Candès, Andrew Blake, Eric Friedlander, and Michael Starbird;
- The Porter lecture for the general public, "Movie Magic: The Mathematics Behind Hollywood's Visual Effects," by Eitan Grinspun (1/18);
- The Mathematical Art Exhibition (1/15-18); and
- The 2014 national Who Wants to Be a Mathematician contest for high school students, top prize: $10,000 (1/16).