Oxford University Press (OUP) is pleased to announce its new partnership with the Entomological Society of America (ESA). Beginning in January 2015 OUP will begin publishing eight ESA journals and periodicals (see below for the list of titles).
The Entomological Society of America is the largest organization in the world serving the professional and scientific needs of nearly 7,000 entomologists and people in related disciplines. ESA's publications provide unsurpassed coverage of the broad science of entomology. The Society is responsible for seven internationally acclaimed scientific publications.
In addition to these seven publications, ESA is very pleased to announce that it has assumed ownership of Journal of Insect Science from the University of Wisconsin. An open-access journal, Journal of Insect Science was founded in 2001 by Dr. Henry Hagedorn, who served as editor-in-chief until his death in January, 2014.
"ESA is honored to carry on Henry's vision with this important addition to our catalog of journals, and we will strive for it to be the preeminent open-access international journal on insect science," said ESA President Frank Zalom. "For all of our journals, OUP brings a wealth of experience and resources that will take our publishing program to the next level."
"ESA's prestigious publications represent the great diversity of its membership and the needs of entomologists around the world. We are excited and honored to assist ESA in its mission to enable entomologists to share their science globally," said Niko Pfund, President, OUP USA.
About the Entomological Society of America journals and periodicals:
- Journal of Insect Science is an international, open-access, peer-reviewed journal that publishes papers on all aspects of the biology of insects and other arthropods - from the molecular to the ecological - as well as their agricultural and medical impacts.
- Annals of the Entomological Society of America invites submission of manuscripts that integrate different areas of insect biology, and address issues that are likely to be of broad relevance to entomologists. Articles also report on basic aspects of the biology of arthropods.
- Environmental Entomology publishes reports on the interaction of insects with the biological, chemical, and physical aspects of their environment.
- Journal of Economic Entomology publishes articles on the economic significance of insects and includes sections on apiculture & social insects, insecticides, biological control, household & structural insects, crop protection, forest entomology, and more.
- Journal of Medical Entomology publishes research related to all aspects of medical entomology and medical acarology, including the systematics and biology of insects, acarines, and other arthropods of public health and veterinary significance.
- Journal of Integrated Pest Management is an open-access, peer-reviewed, extension journal covering the field of integrated pest management. The journal is multi-disciplinary in scope, publishing articles in all pest management disciplines, including entomology, nematology, plant pathology, weed science, and other subject areas.
- American Entomologist is a quarterly magazine that publishes articles and information of general entomological interest. The magazine publishes columns, features, research, book reviews, letters to the editor, and obituaries.
- Arthropod Management Tests annually publishes short reports on screening tests for management of arthropods that may be harmful (e.g., pests and disease vectors of plants, animals, and humans) or beneficial (e.g., parasitoids, predators and diseases of pests, honey bees, silkworm).
For additional information please contact:
Erin Ganley Senior Marketing ManagerOxford University Press 919.677.0977 x5163 firstname.lastname@example.org
Lauren Hill Associate PublicistOxford University Press 212.726.6113 email@example.com