Biomass and sustainable bioenergy are two pillars of any strategy for the transition to a low carbon economy. Unlike other sources, energy from biomass constitutes an effective solution for decarbonising all energy sectors, power, heating and transports, not to mention its strategic role for material uses such as bio-chemicals.
By reporting on the 22nd European Biomass Conference and Exhibition you will be encouraging the breakdown of this important information and you will have the opportunity to access the latest biomass and bioenergy information and to meet the key players of the global biomass community.
The Conference programme will offer overviews of the latest scientific findings, industrial progress and political landscape. Its focus will therefore be the interaction between research, industry and policy makers.
The Exhibition will attract biomass companies and organisations from the along the entire value chain and will be the place to address the and discuss the fundamental challenges and innovative technologies of the bioenergy industry.
EU BC&E 2014 in a nutshell
- more than 935 abstracts received from 66 countries
- more than 1800 delegates and visitors expected
- 12 sessions on Biomass Resources
- 16 sessions on Biomass Conversion Technologies for Heating, Cooling and Electricity
- 18 sessions on Biomass Conversion Technologies for Intermediates, Liquid and Gaseous Fuels, Chemicals and Materials
- 13 sessions on Policies, Markets and Sustainability
- 8 specially industry oriented sessions
- 3 parallel and 7 challenge events addressing global decision makers from industry research, finance and politics
- Exhibitors representing the entire biomass value chain
Reporting at the EU BC&E
- Free attendance (Conference, Exhibition & Parallel Events)
- EU BC&E Press Conference with Q&A on Monday 23 June at 12.30
- Daily official press releases & highlights
- On-site support to organise press activities & relation
- Pre-planned & on-site interviews
- EU BC&E press kit & press guide
- Professional photos, videos and event portfolio
- Key support documents (company profiles, previous event highlights, reports & slides)
- Press Centre working room
If you want to cover the event and you are unable to attend you can register as press to receive our multimedia coverage (photos, videos, conference highlights and news) of the event and you can participate remotely in the press conference via a live video web stream and catch up on the videos from the event on the EU BC&E YouTube channel.
Get in touch
If you have any questions, please contact Chiara Benetti at email@example.com; +39-055-5002280 ext.220.
Alternatively, visit our website: http://www.
Press accreditation at: http://www.
Institutional Support: European Commission DG Joint Research Center, UNESCO, EUBIA, WCRE.
Supported by: BEC, Biomasse Schweiz, C.A.R.M.E.N., International Biochar Initiative, UFOP, UNICA.