WHAT: Leaders from government, industry, academia and patient advocacy organizations will explore the future of R&D investments, policy trends, public-private partnerships, public health and social sciences research, global health threats and other timely medical and health research issues in panel discussions hosted by Research!America. http://www.
WHO: Confirmed panelists include the following:
- France Córdova, PhD, Director, National Science Foundation
- Anthony Fauci, MD, Director, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases
- Thomas Frieden, MD, MPH, Director, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Richard Kronick, PhD, Director, Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
- Janet Woodcock, MD, Director, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, Food and Drug Administration
- Corby Kummer, senior editor, The Atlantic
- Lori Montenegro, national correspondent, Telemundo
- Margot Sanger-Katz, health care correspondent, New York Times, The Upshot section
WHEN: Thursday, September 11, 2014 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
WHERE: Newseum Knight Conference Center 555 Pennsylvania Ave. NW Washington, DC