EurekAlert!, a service of AAAS
Home About us
Advanced Search
20-Apr-2014 12:35
US Eastern Time

Username:

Password:

Register

Forgot Password?

Press Releases

Breaking News

Science Business

Grants, Awards, Books

Meetings

Multimedia

Science Agencies
on EurekAlert!

US Department of Energy

US National Institutes of Health

US National Science Foundation

Calendar

Submit a Calendar Item

Subscribe/Sponsor

Links & Resources

Portals

RSS Feeds

Accessibility Option On

Advertise with EurekAlert!
Advertising Rates
Site Traffic/User Demographics
Advertising Brochure (PDF Format)
Advertising Contacts

Advertise with EurekAlert!

Site Traffic / User Demographics

EurekAlert! attracts a large, global audience.

   Site Traffic
   Reporters
   Public Information Officers
   Members of the Public


   Site Traffic

In a typical month, EurekAlert! receives:

  • 20 million hits
  • Two million visits from one million unique visitors
  • Visits from around the world, including the United States (seventy percent), Canada, the United Kingdom, South Korea, Australia, and many other countries

Popular areas of EurekAlert! include the home page, Breaking News section, News by Subject sections, and Archives.

[Back to Top]

   Reporters

  • Over 6,000 reporters have registered for access to EurekAlert!.
  • Seventy-eight percent of registered journalists are staff reporters; twenty-two percent are freelance writers
  • United States journalists make up 49 percent of all registered EurekAlert! users; the remaining 51 percent come from more than 50 countries
  • EurekAlert! journalists work in four main areas: print (sixty-five percent), online (eighteen percent), radio (nine percent), and television (eight percent)

[Back to Top]

   Public Information Officers (PIOs)

  • Nearly 5,000 PIOs have been granted access to EurekAlert!
  • Registered PIOs come from more than 2,000 organizations, including universities, research institutions, scientific societies, and government and private agencies.

[Back to Top]

   The Public

  • EurekAlert!'s public audience is well educated - More than 90 percent have graduated from college, more than half have a masters degree and nearly 20 percent have a Ph.D., M.D. or other advanced degree.
  • Nearly 70 percent of public visitors are between the ages of twenty-five and fifty-five.
  • Professionally, EurekAlert!'s audience is extremely diverse - scientists represent the largest percentage of users, followed by students, technology professionals, educators and retired individuals.
  • The majority of visitors report using EurekAlert! for personal knowledge or to keep up-to-date on science.