2009 AAAS Annual Meeting -- Advance news and information
The following news releases are available to provide reporters with a broad overview regarding what to expect at the 2009 Annual Meeting of the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) and related free public-engagement events. These two news releases are being made available for immediate release. Embargoed information related to breaking science-news briefings at the AAAS Annual Meeting will be posted to the password-protected AAAS virtual newsroom beginning Monday, 9 February 2009.
- Neandertal genome researcher to speak at the 2009 AAAS Annual Meeting
- 2009 AAAS Annual Meeting Welcomes Former U.S. Vice President and Nobel Peace Prize Winner Al Gore.
- 2009 AAAS Annual Meeting Headlines to Cover: Climate Change, Science Literacy, Health News,
Neanderthal DNA, Animal Evolution, Hip-Hop Math, Dancing Scientists, Science of Kissing, and More.
- Free Public Events at the 2009 AAAS Annual Meeting: Health News, Neanderthal DNA, Hip-Hop Math, and More, 12-16 February, Chicago.
- Intrepid explorers and the search for the origin of species -- a lecture by Professor Sean Carroll, University of Wisconsin-Madison
Please call to request images related to prior Family Science Days at the AAAS Annual Meeting, or other multi-media materials. To register for the meeting, reporters can log onto the AAAS Newsroom.