Applications are now open for the 2019 EurekAlert! Fellowships for International Science Reporters. Early-career science journalists from China, India, majority-Arab states in the Middle East, and the Balkan region are invited to apply online.
- Five (5) years or less of experience as a professional science reporter
- Based in China, India, the Balkan region, or Arab-majority states in the Middle East
- Meet EurekAlert!'s reporter and freelancer eligibility criteria
- Be able to travel to the 2019 AAAS Annual Meeting in Washington, DC, USA, February 14-17, 2019.
- Proof of employment and length of service with an accredited news media outlet
- Three recently published work samples
- Letter of recommendation from an editor or senior reporter (in English)
- Brief essay (in English)
The deadline for completed applications is September 25, 2018, at 11:59 pm US Eastern Time.