Chicago -- The nation's leading transplant surgeons and researchers will present breakthrough therapies and technologies May 16 through May 19 at the 18th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Transplantation (AST), the world's largest medical organization of transplant physicians, surgeons and scientist.
AST encourages the media to attend the more than 1,000 presentations covering transplantation, including never-before published findings on:
- Splitting Donor Livers to Save More Child Recipients
- Embryionic Stem Cell Transplantation
- Treating Post-Transplant Patients without Steroids
- Lung Transplantations for Emphysema Patients
- Use of Non-Heart Beating Donors
- Debate on Liver Transplants from Living Parents to Their Children
- Exclusion Criteria for Organ Donation
A press room will be available for media representatives in the Sheraton Chicago Hotel, Parlor D, on Sunday, May 16, from noon to 5 p.m. and Monday, May 17, through Wednesday, May 19, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. The media can access the technical program including links to abstracts by visiting: www.a-s-t.org/18th
For copies of abstracts, press releases, to arrange for researcher interviews, or to Pre-register for onsite press credentials, contact Kirk Monroe at 202-789-2892.