"The future of healthcare is a priority for us, and we are very proud of the accomplishments and dedication of the 2003 Tylenol Scholarship recipients," said Ashley McEvoy, Vice President, Marketing, McNeil Consumer & Specialty Pharmaceuticals. "It has been our privilege to assist more than 5,000 deserving students achieve their academic goals over the past decade."
This year's major award recipients are:
- Ferhina Ali of Staten Island, NY, who will attend the University of Rochester studying Neuroscience and optics.
- Shaan Gandhi of Battle Creek, MI, who will attend Case Western Reserve University studying Medicine.
- Wesley Hatch Greenblatt of Kearney, MO, who will attend Yale University studying Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry.
- Gretchen Jackson of Uniontown, KS, who attends the University of Central Oklahoma studying Speech Language Pathology.
- Kevin Koo of Nashua, NH, who will attend Harvard University studying Neuroscience and Biochemistry.
- Joshua Min of Kinnelon, NJ, who will attend Yale University studying Molecular Biochemistry and Biophysics.
- Deepa Patel of Elkton, MD, who will attend the University of Miami studying Biology and Public Health.
- Brinkley Sandvall of Arlington, TX, who will attend Baylor University studying Medical Humanities and Bio-ethics.
- Parvinder Thiara of Rochelle, IL, who will attend Harvard College studying Pre-Medicine.
- Rebecca Thilo of Coeur d'Alene, ID, who will attend Rice University studying Reconstructive Surgery.
The Tylenol Scholarship is one of the largest merit scholarship programs in the United States for all health-related studies. It is the only scholarship available to all US residents pursuing health-related fields of study at any post high school level.
Since the program's inception in 1991, more than $6 million in scholarship grants have been awarded to over 5,000 students by McNeil Consumer & Specialty Pharmaceuticals, makers of the Tylenol(R) Brand family of products.
"Our commitment to supporting future leaders in healthcare will continue with the 2004 scholarship program," added McEvoy. "We look forward to reviewing the submissions of next year's outstanding applicants."
The 2004 Tylenol(R) Scholarship program will be accepting applications that are postmarked from February 23, 2004 through April 30, 2004. Applications will be available from participating retailers who support the promotion of this program at the community level, and at www.Tylenol.com beginning on February 23, 2004.
McNeil awards the Tylenol Scholarship in conjunction with local retailers. Winners are selected on the basis of leadership in community and school activities, grade point average and intended focus on healthcare-related areas of study. Scholarship America (SM), a national nonprofit educational support and student aid service organization located in Saint Peter, MN, administers the fund and is responsible for screening and evaluating the applications and selecting the scholarship recipients.
McNeil Consumer & Specialty Pharmaceuticals, Division of McNeil-PPC, Inc., is headquartered in Fort Washington, Pa. and markets leading products such as Tylenol(R), Imodium(R), St. Joseph(R), and Motrin(R).
SOURCE McNeil Consumer & Specialty Pharmaceuticals