Digestive Disease Week 2004 (DDW) is hosting special teleconferences to correspond with the news briefings scheduled during its meeting May 15-20 in New Orleans, LA. Following the briefings, the phone lines will be opened for "question and answer" sessions. Please note: Briefings are open only to media.
Sunday, May 16
- The Obesity Story: Causes, Promising New Therapies and the Impact of Bariatric Surgery (1:00 - 2:00 pm CDT).
Monday, May 17
- Beverages and Herbals: Influence on GI Health (1:00 - 2:00 pm CDT).
- Liver Disease: Identifying Potential Risk Factors, Diagnostic Tools and Treatments (3:00 - 4:00 pm CDT).
Tuesday, May 18
- Colorectal Cancer: A Focus on Women's Preferences, Diabetes and Improved Technologies (1:00 - 2:00 pm CDT).
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease: Breakthrough Therapies and Procedures (3:00 - 4:00 pm CDT).
Call-In Number: 800-282-9233, code 8547
(Please call 5-10 minutes before scheduled time).
For those reporters who are unable to participate during the teleconference, the briefings will be available starting the next business day after each conference through the remainder of the week by calling: 800-756-3819.
Obesity Story: 162736
Foods and Herbals: 162738
Liver Disease: 162740
Colorectal Cancer: 162742
Inflammatory Bowel Disease: 162744
All press releases will be available at http://www.
Digestive Disease Week (DDW) is the largest international gathering of physicians, researchers and academics in the fields of gastroenterology, hepatology, endoscopy and gastrointestinal surgery. Jointly sponsored by the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases (AASLD), the American Gastroenterological Association (AGA), the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE) and the Society for Surgery of the Alimentary Tract (SSAT), DDW takes place May 15-20, 2004 in New Orleans, Louisiana. The meeting showcases approximately 5,000 abstracts and hundreds of lectures on the latest advances in GI research, medicine and technology.