New Addition: GSA Special Session
Tuesday, November 23, 10:30am
Marriott Wardman Park - Maryland Room
"Confronting Ageism and Economics in Promoting Elder Health"
- Is a healthy lifestyle affordable and accessible?
- Can promotion and prevention reduce health disparities?
- Are drugs the answer--does our obsession with drugs undermine personal and public investment in prevention?
Come and have a voice in this interactive session.
Our speakers will share their views on opportunities and challenges and ask you to contribute your opinions, respond to your colleagues and start to define a path of action! What should we do, as gerontologists and geriatricians, as researchers, educators and practitioners, to promote elder health?
- Terrie Wetle, Ph.D., GSA President and Associate Dean of Medicine for Public Health and Public Policy, Brown Univ.
- Jessie Gruman, Ph. D., President of the Center for the Advancement of Health, Washington, DC.
- Marie A. Bernard, M.D., Professor and Chairman of the Donald W. Reynolds Department of Geriatric Medicine, University of Oklahoma College of Medicine and Chair, Minority Task Force, NIA Advisory Council