The UC Davis Institute of Transportation Studies (ITS-Davis) will co-sponsor the transportation conference "On the Road to Sustainability: From Research to Practice" next month in Berkeley.
The program is designed for federal, state and local government officials, private industry leaders, consultants and advisers, and transportation specialists from nonprofit groups.
Topics will include:
- Innovative highway and vehicle technologies;
- Transit's role in a sustainable future;
- Urban goods movement issues and solutions;
- Transportation, land use and urban design;
- Social equity in diverse and growing regions;
- Health and safety aspects of our transport system;
- Alternative fuels -- research to date and implementation challenges;
- Strategies for financing and managing the transport system; and
- Legislative criteria for sustainable transport and development.
The conference will be held on Oct. 29-31 at the Doubletree Hotel at the Berkeley Marina. The UC Davis co-sponsor is the Sustainable Transportation Center, funded through the University Transportation Center program of the U.S. Department of Transportation.
Susan Handy, Sustainable Transportation Center, (530) 752-5878, firstname.lastname@example.org