Data from late-breaking clinical trials of new interventional techniques and devices will be released at TCT 2009 - Transcatheter Cardiovascular Therapeutics - the global annual scientific symposium of the Cardiovascular Research Foundation. Researchers will present a variety of new data that promises to advance the field of interventional cardiology.
The TCT 2009 final program is now available at: http://www.
WHEN: The TCT Scientific Symposium will be held September 21-25, 2009.
Late-breaking clinical trials will be highlighted during press conferences scheduled for Wednesday, September 23, Thursday, September 24, and Friday, September 25.
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
9:30am - 10:30am
- SPIRIT IV: A Prospective Randomized Trial of Everolimus-Eluting vs. Paclitaxel-Eluting Stents
- FAME: Two-Year Follow-up from a Prospective Randomized Trial of FFR-Guided vs. Angiography-Guided PCI in Patients with Multivessel Coronary Artery Disease
- ISAR-DESIRE 2: A Prospective Randomized Trial of Paclitaxel-Eluting vs. Sirolimus-Eluting Stents for Treatment of Sirolimus-Eluting Stent Restenosis
- SIRTAX-LATE: Five-Year Clinical and Angiographic Follow-up from a Prospective Randomized Trial of Paclitaxel-Eluting and Sirolimus-Eluting Stents
- LEADERS: Two-Year Follow-up from a Prospective Randomized Trial of Biolimus A9-Eluting Stents with a Bioabsorbable Polymer vs. Sirolimus-Eluting Stents with a Durable Polymer
- COMPARE: A Prospective Randomized Trial of Everolimus-Eluting vs. Paclitaxel-Eluting Stents
Thursday, September 24, 2009
9:00am - 10:00am
- TRITON-TIMI 38 ECONOMIC SUBSTUDY: Cost-Effectiveness of Prasugrel vs. Clopidogrel from a Prospective Randomized Trial of Patients with ACS Undergoing PCI
- CURRENT-PCI OASIS 7: A Prospective, Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Trial of High- vs. Standard-Dose Clopidogrel and High- vs. Low-Dose Aspirin in Patients Undergoing PCI for ACS
- PROSPECT: A Natural History Study of Atherosclerosis Using Multimodality Intracoronary Imaging to Prospectively Identify Vulnerable Plaque
- COGENT: A Prospective, Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Trial of Omeprazole in Patients Receiving Aspirin and Clopidogrel
- CHARISMA GENOMICS SUBSTUDY: Evaluation of the CYP2C19 Polymorphism in a Prospective, Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Trial of Chronic Clopidogrel Use for Primary and Secondary Prevention
- PLATO INVASIVE: A Prospective, Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Trial of Ticagrelor vs. Clopidogrel in Patients with ACS Managed with an Invasive Strategy
Friday, September 25, 2009
9:30am - 10:30am
- SYMPLICITY 1: One-Year Results Following Sympathetic Renal Denervation in Refractory Hypertension
- DEBATER: A Prospective Randomized Trial of Drug-Eluting vs. Bare-Metal Stents With or Without Abciximab in STEMI
- BCIS-1: A Prospective Randomized Trial of Intra-Aortic Balloon Pump Counterpulsation in High-Risk Patients Undergoing PCI
- FAUST: A Prospective Randomized Trial of Ultrasound-Guided vs. Standard Femoral Arterial Access
- NORDIC-BALTIC BIFURCATION STUDY III: A Prospective Randomized Trial of Side Branch Dilatation Strategies in Patients with Coronary Bifurcation Lesions Undergoing Treatment with a Single Stent
- HORIZONS-AMI: Two-Year Follow-up from a Prospective Randomized Trial of Heparin Plus Glycoprotein IIb/IIIa Inhibitors vs. Bivalirudin and Paclitaxel-Eluting vs. Bare-Metal Stents in STEMI
The Moscone Center
San Francisco, CA
HOW TO REGISTER:
Media may apply for registration by clicking on: http://www.
Details on required press credentials can be found at:
Follow TCT News on Twitter: http://twitter.