The Entomological Society of America (ESA) has elected ten new Fellows of the Society for 2009. The election as a Fellow acknowledges outstanding contributions in one or more of the following: research, teaching, extension, or administration.
The following Fellows will be recognized during the 2009 ESA Annual Meeting, which will be held December 13-16 in Indianapolis, Indiana:
- Dr. Charles S. Apperson, North Carolina State University
- Dr. Thomas C. Baker, Penn State University
- Dr. Brian A. Federici, University of California, Riverside
- Dr. Malcolm J. Fraser, Jr., University of Notre Dame
- Dr. Scott H. Hutchins, Dow AgroSciences
- Dr. Walter S. Leal, University of California, Davis
- Dr. Norman C. Leppla, University of Florida
- Dr. Alexander S. Raikhel, University of California, Riverside
- Dr. Gene E. Robinson, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Dr. William B. Showers, USDA's Agricultural Research Service
Full biographies and photos of the new ESA Fellows are available at http://www.
Founded in 1889, ESA is a non-profit organization committed to serving the scientific and professional needs of nearly 6,000 entomologists and individuals in related disciplines. ESA's membership includes representatives from educational institutions, government, health agencies, and private industry. More information on ESA is available at http://www.