More than 850 abstracts have been received - guaranteeing broad global attendance at the year's most noteworthy platform for osteoporosis research. Don't miss the most important osteoporosis meeting of 2010, to be held in the center of Florence, Italy from May 5 to 8, 2010.
Take advantage of lower rates: early bird registration rates still available. Register at http://www.
The IOF WCO-ECCEO10 is expected to attract some 5000 researchers and clinicians from all continents. Featuring:
- Stimulating plenary lectures on varied 'hot' topics delivered by the field's top experts
- Clinically-focused Meet-the-Expert Sessions, restricted in size for maximum interaction between lecturers and participants
- Special sessions give in-depth coverage of specific topics:
- VPHOP Symposium: Assessing Fracture Risk: The Future for Designing New Therapies
- IOF Minisymposium - Growth and Development of the Skeleton
- ESCEO Session: Dermatological Side Effects of Antiosteoporosis Medications
- ESCEO Session: Management of Osteoporosis in the Very Elderly
- ESCEO Session: Subtrochanteric Fractures After Long-Term Use of Bisphosphonates
- ESCEO-ASBMR Joint Symposium - Rare Bone Disorders: Impact in Drug Development
- ESCEO-GREES Roundtable - Relationship between Pharmaceutical Industry and Academic Scientists: Suggestions for a New Code of Conduct
- Symposium on behalf of FIRMO, SIMG, SIOMMMS and SIOT under the auspices of ESCEO - Fragility Fractures: The Italian Effort for the Recognition of the Problem
- Satellite symposia sponsored by industry
- Poster sessions
- Extensive industry exhibition
See you in Florence!
The International Osteoporosis Foundation (IOF) is a nongovernmental
umbrella organization dedicated to the worldwide
fight against osteoporosis, the disease known as "the silent epidemic". IOF's members - committees of scientific researchers,
patient, medical and research societies and industry representatives
from around the world - share a common vision of a world without
osteoporotic fractures. IOF members include 194 societies in 92 locations.
The European Society for Clinical and Economic Aspects of
Osteoporosis and Osteoarthritis (ESCEO) is a non-profit organization,
dedicated to a close interaction between clinical scientists dealing
with rheumatic disorders, pharmaceutical industry developing new
compounds in this field, regulators responsible for the registration of
such drugs and health policy makers, to integrate the management of
osteoporosis and osteoarthritis within the comprehensive perspective
of health resources utilization. The objective of ESCEO is to provide
practitioners with the latest clinical and economic information,
allowing them to organize their daily practice, in an evidence-based
medicine perspective, with a cost-conscious perception. http://www.