The Human Factors and Ergonomics Society announced today the opening of online registration 2013 International Annual Meeting, to be held at the Hilton San Diego Bayfront in San Diego, California, from September 30 to October 4, 2013.
The annual meeting is expected to draw 1,500 HF/E professionals, including psychologists, researchers, engineers, web designers and product designers, who will present their work on a vast range of topics, patient safety, distracted driving, human-robot interaction, workplace safety, human-systems integration, and much more.
More than 20 invited speakers, 30 panels, 10 workshops, and 200 lectures and posters are scheduled so attendees can collaborate and connect with colleagues and leaders in their fields.
The 2013 Annual Meeting features
- Keynote speaker, Annie Murphy Paul, journalist, author and Time magazine columnist on learning
- User Experience Day with keynote speaker August de los Reyes of Microsoft (partially sponsored by Google Research)
- System Development (human-systems integration) Day-and-a-Half with guest speaker, six technical sessions, and networking events
- Interactive demonstrations of virtual environment simulators, flight simulation software, and a low-gravity environment motion-tracking system developed in part with NASA
- Facility tours of Qualcomm, Intuit, San Diego Gas & Electric, and more
These and many other breaking research news topics will be presented:
- Electronic health-care records and privacy issues specific to the aging
- Development of tactical language for robot-human teams
- Voice-to-text technologies and driver distraction
- Driving safety challenges of new infotainment systems in automobiles
- Workplace safety audits and employee behavior related to high-cost fines
- Environmental design to optimize performance in classrooms, children's hospitals, and office workstations
- Automation technologies for single operators flying multiple unmanned aerial vehicles
- Proposed steering wheel−mounted, thumb-based gestural interface to replace touch screen controls in automobile dashboards
- Decision-making behavior and resilience of a large transportation firm during superstorm Sandy.
View the main annual meeting page for details about accommodations, social events, technical site tours, workshops, and more.
View the preliminary program to search for topics, authors, and abstracts.
Online registration is secure!
For questions about the meeting or HFES, contact HFES Communications Director Lois Smith (310/394-1811; email@example.com).
The Human Factors and Ergonomics Society is the world's largest nonprofit individual-member, multidisciplinary scientific association for human factors/ergonomics professionals, with more than 4,600 members globally. HFES members include psychologists and other scientists, designers, and engineers, all of who have a common interest in designing systems and equipment to be safe and effective for the people who operate and maintain them.
"Human Factors and Ergonomics: People-Friendly Design Through Science and Engineering"