The Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS) today announced the first details of its 2014 The Business of Big Data Conference, including an impressive line-up of top technology industry executive speakers, industry case studies to be presented, technology workshops scheduled, and a number of important networking sessions.
The INFORMS Conference on The Business of Big Data provides real-world examples and methodologies for getting from data discovery to return on investment and real business value. It features presentations on real-world applications of big data and analytics by global industry and university leaders, including: Teradata, IBM, LinkedIn, Nokia, SAS, Verizon Wireless, Bell Laboratories, Merck, Intel, JP Morgan, Amazon Web Services, Microsoft, Kaggle, UC Berkeley and more. Technology workshops held during the INFORMS event provide organizations with greater insight into the solutions on the market today that can enable them to realize the promise of big data.
The INFORMS Business of Big Data event will be held June 22 through 24, 2014 at the San Jose Convention Center in San Jose, California.
"Big data is still being talked about daily, but it's time to move past the hype to uncover how we go from being data-rich to being decision-smart," said conference co-chairwoman and senior operations researcher from Chevron, Margery Connor. "Our annual big data conference bridges the gap between decision-makers, IT managers and analytics professionals and expedites the journey from business problem to analytics solutions. Attendees experience firsthand how the application of big data can enhance both business and our everyday lives."
The two-day event will feature numerous sessions, including signature event keynotes by Michael Svilar from Accenture and Bill Franks from Teradata. The current line-up of presenters includes:
- Keynote: Moving from Big Data to Big Outcomes on the Journey to ROI, presented by Michael Svilar, Managing Director Advanced Analytics, Accenture
- Keynote: Putting Big Data to Work, presented by Bill Franks, Chief Analytics Officer Teradata Corporation
- Paul Brown, CEO and Founder of Koverse Inc.
- Cavan Capps, Chief DataWeb Systems at U.S. Census Bureau
- Pinar Donmez, Student, Carnegie Mellon University, Microsoft Research
- William Ford, Lead Data Scientist/Consultant Alpine Data Labs
- Vikram Garlapati, Manager Solutions Architect, Amazon Web Services
- Anthony Goldbloom, Founder and CEO of Kaggle
- Peter Guerra, Principal in Booz Allen Hamilton's Strategic Innovation Group
- Chris Hallenbeck, Global Vice President, HANA GTM SAP
- Robert High, IBM Fellow, Vice President and Chief Technology Officer, Watson Group
- Link Law, Intel Fellow, Intelligent Systems and Predictive Analytics , Intel Corporation
- Brian Keller, Lead Associate, Booz Allen Hamilton
- Paul Kent, Vice President, Big Data initiatives, SAS
- Juergen Klenk, Ph.D., PMP. Principal Scientist, Exponent's Health Sciences Center for Epidemiology and Computational Biology
- Diego Klabjan, professor at Northwestern University, Department of Industrial Engineering and Management Sciences.
- John Koch, Director, Scientific Information Architecture & Search at Merck
- Anton Mobley, Data Scientist, Booz Allen Hamilton
- Govind Nagubandi, Data Scientist at JPMorgan Chase
- Alan Papir, Software Engineer, Analytics Media Group
- Alan Piciacchio, Senior Technical Staff Member, IBM
- Anne G. Robinson, Director of Supply Chain Strategy and Analytics for Verizon Wireless
- Ion Stoica, Professor, EECS Department, University of California at Berkeley
- Toby Tennent, Postgraduate, Information Systems and Computational-Geography
- Marina Thottan, Director, Network Intelligence and Systems Research Group in Alcatel-Lucent - Bell Labs
- Simon Zhang, Sr. Director, Business Analytics, LinkedIn
The INFORMS 2014 Business of Big Data event show floor will showcase offerings from dozens of exhibitors who will have the opportunity to reach more than 300 big data professionals and key decision-makers who influence the buying decisions of major corporations.
For press passes to the event or information on scheduling interviews with any of the speakers during the conference, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
INFORMS is the leading international association for professionals in analytics and operations research (O.R.). INFORMS advances research, and develops and promotes best practices in analytics and O.R. through collaboration, knowledge sharing, and professional development. INFORMS helps business, government, and other organization professionals make better decisions to drive value to their organizations and society. Our certification program (CAP®), highly cited publications, educational meetings and conferences, continuing education, industry and process focused networking communities, competitions, and recognition provide professionals with the knowledge and connections they need to achieve ever greater value for their organizations. Further information about INFORMS can be found online at http://www.