Poster and Poster Discussion abstracts to be presented at the ESMO 2014 Congress will be published online on Wednesday, 17 September 2014 at 12:00 (CEST) to give you a first glimpse of what you can expect from the European medical oncology Congress, under the leading theme Precision Medicine in Cancer Care.
"We are at the point where genuinely targeted therapy is now possible for an increasing number of cancers. Practicing precision medicine means we are all working towards a common goal --improved patient outcomes. This is the ultimate goal of ESMO 2014" (Johann S. de Bono, ESMO 2014 Scientific Committee Chair).
From cancer screening to pharmacogenetics; from drug interactions to heredofamilial cancer syndromes; from eHealth to palliative care. Almost 1,600 abstracts will be made available through the online searchable programme:
Don't miss this opportunity to look through them and get prepared to full data release during the Congress days!
A second Congress preview is scheduled on Wednesday, 24 September 2014 at 12:00 (CEST), with 76 Oral presentation abstracts, bringing you closer and closer to the top content abstracts, that will be released on a daily basis from 26 through 29 September 2014.
- Embargo on abstracts accepted as Poster Discussion and Poster will lift at 12:00 (CEST) on Wednesday, 17 September 2014
- Embargo on abstracts accepted as Proffered Paper (oral presentation) will lift at 12:00 (CEST) on Wednesday, 24 September 2014
During the Congress
- Late-breaking abstracts will be made public at the beginning of the official Congress session during which they are presented.
- Abstracts selected for the official ESMO PR Programme (_PR) will be made public at the end of the official daily Press Briefing (9:00 local Spanish time) or at the beginning of the official Congress session during which they are presented, whichever comes first.
Each press release will report exact embargo information. Journalists are kindly invited to respect embargoes!
Updated information on the ESMO 2014 Press Programme is available at http://www.
ESMO welcomes media interested in obtaining information and reporting on cancer issues. Registration to the ESMO 2014 Congress is free to bona fide journalists on presentation of a letter of assignment and a valid press card (ESMO Media Policy http://www.
Advance registration will close on Tuesday, 16 September. Onsite registration will be possible starting on Thursday, 25 September. To register for the event, please remember to keep your press card and your letter of assignment at hand.
Members of the press will be offered:
- Complimentary registration
- A fully-equipped press centre, with catering service
- Daily press releases and press commentaries
- Press conferences and educational sessions on topical aspects of oncology
- Reference material
ESMO's independent spokespersons will be available to provide additional views to journalists.
We are looking forward to welcoming you in Madrid or to help you with any inquiry about remote coverage of ESMO 2014.
The ESMO Press Office Team