WHAT: Leaders from government, industry, academia and patient advocacy organizations will explore the future of R&D investments, policy trends, public-private partnerships, public health and social sciences research, global health threats and other timely medical and health research issues in panel discussions hosted by Research!America. http://www.
WHO: Panel 1: Where will Medical and Health Research be in 2023?
- France Córdova, PhD, Director, National Science Foundation
- Anthony Fauci , MD, director, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases
- William Hait , MD, PhD, global head, Janssen Research & Development
- Richard Myers, PhD, president and science director, HudsonAlpha Institute for Biotechnology
- John Seffrin , PhD, chief executive officer, American Cancer Society
Panel 2: Code Red Again: Can We End the Assault on Public Health Research and Practice?
- Thomas Frieden, MD, MPH, Director, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Richard Kronick, PhD, Director, Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
- Jack Watters , MD, vice president for external medical affairs, Pfizer Inc
- Georges Benjamin , MD, executive director, American Public Health Association
- Lynn Goldman , MD, MPH, MS, dean, Milken Institute School of Public Health, The George Washington University
Panel 3: What's right - and wrong - with the research ecosystem?
- Janet Woodcock, MD, Director, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, Food and Drug Administration
- Pablo Cagnoni , MD, president, Onyx Pharmaceuticals
- Robert Hugin , chairman and chief executive officer, Celgene
- Kathy Giusti , MBA, founder and executive chairman, Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation
- E. Albert Reece , MD, PhD, MBA, dean, University of Maryland School of Medicine
- Corby Kummer, senior editor, The Atlantic
- Lori Montenegro, national correspondent, Telemundo
- Margot Sanger-Katz, health care correspondent, New York Times, The Upshot section
WHEN: Thursday, September 11, 2014
11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
WHERE: Newseum Knight Conference Center
555 Pennsylvania Ave. NW
CONTACT: firstname.lastname@example.org or (571) 482-2737