While the annual scientific meeting of the American College of Physicians (ACP) always offers journalists the opportunity to report on a broad array of clinical and policy topics, the Internal Medicine Meeting 2015 in Boston from April 30 through May 2 (Thursday through Saturday) at the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center will showcase ACP's 100th anniversary celebration.
From the keynote address by former U.S. Senator Tom Daschle to special sessions and activities marking ACP's notable contributions to internal medicine, don't miss the occasion to attend the annual gathering of more than 6,000 doctors, allied health professionals, and medical students from around the world.
ACP's centennial events at Internal Medicine Meeting 2015 that offer entertaining story angles include:
- Several history-focused sessions, including:
- "Defining Internal Medicine: The History of the ACP" features the history of ACP and advances in internal medicine over the past century.
- "History of Politics in American Medicine" reviews the history of medicine's involvement in the political arena from the 17th century to today, with a particular focus on ACP's public policy engagement from its founding in 1915 through the present, providing historical lessons that influence how the profession can respond to today's challenges.
- "The History of Annals of Internal Medicine and the Future of Medical Journals" presented by Dr. Christine Laine, Editor-in-Chief of Annals of Internal Medicine.
- Centennial timeline featuring significant facts and anecdotes in ACP history in a decade-by-decade format
- Life-sized William Osler cutout for attendees to pose for pictures with the "Father of Modern Medicine."
Journalists can register now for an Internal Medicine Meeting press credential, search for sessions, and make travel plans and hotel reservations. Press attendance is subject to ACP's media policy.
The hashtag for Internal Medicine Meeting 2015 is #im2015. The hashtag for ACP's centennial celebration is #ACP100Yrs.