Applied mechanics is progressively becoming a subject of significant interest to various science and engineering disciplines, with growing research overlap in mechanical engineering, materials science, aerospace engineering, etc.
Thus, in World Scientific's latest book edited by Professor Liu Zishun, Frontiers of Applied Mechanics, more than 60 of the world's leading researchers and academics in applied mechanics from more than 33 top institutions in China, Singapore, Australia and Hong Kong cover the classical branches in applied mechanics such as solid mechanics, fluid mechanics, thermodynamics, and material science.
The research of applied mechanics also includes topics from newly emerging fields such as nanomechanics, biomechanics, electromechanics, the mechanical behavior of advanced materials, mechanics of soft materials and many other inter-disciplinary research areas in which the concepts of applied mechanics are extensively applied and developed.
The most significant aspect of present study is that the current and emerging hot research topics in applied mechanics are highlighted and concisely discussed, and readers will be able to grasp from this work these emerging hot topics and the corresponding advances in applied mechanics.
Some of the contents and their respective authors include:
- Active Aeroelastic Control Law Design (Gang CHEN);
- Dynamic Bearing Characteristics of Elastic Ring Squeeze Film Damper: Pressure Distribution, Ring Deformation and Contacts (Qian DING);
- Dynamic Behavior and Energy Absorption of Metallic Lattice Materials (Daining FANG);
- Mechanical-Electric Behaviors of Multi-Stage Twisted Superconducting Wires and Cables (Yuanwen GAO);
- Crashworthiness Optimization of Vehicles and Components Under Impact Loadings (Xu HAN);
- On the Mechanical Behaviors of Cell Mechanosensing at Different Scales (Baohua JI);
- Ratchetting of Engineering Materials: Experimental Observations and Constitutive Models (Guozheng KANG);
- Research at the Interface of Mechanics and Medicine -- Otolaryngology and Head Injury Studies (Heow Pueh LEE);
- Modelling of Discontinuous Medium with Discrete Fracture Networks (Guowei MA);
- Thermal Characterization of Silica Aerogels and 2D Materials via Molecular Dynamics Simulation (Teng Yong NG);
- Mechanical Properties and Fracture Behavior of Graphene and Other 2D Materials (Qing-Xiang PEI);
- Cellular Dynamics in Response to Mechanical Stimuli (Jin QIAN);
- Improved Mechanical Properties of Metallic Glasses (Zhendong SHA);
- Numerical Simulation for Materials with Irregular Meso Structures (Liqun TANG);
- Manipulating Electronic Properties of Functional Materials by Mechanical Loading (Biao WANG);
- Research Advances of Eigenelement Method for Periodical Composite Structures (Y F XING);
- Bio-Inspired Mechanics and Materials (Haimin YAO);
- Computational Modeling of Bone Fracture Healing by Using the Theory of Porous Media (Lihai ZHANG);
The book retails for US$88 / £58. More information on the book can be found at: http://www.
About World Scientific Publishing
World Scientific Publishing is a leading independent publisher of books and journals for the scholarly, research and professional communities. The company publishes about 500 books annually and more than 120 journals in various fields. World Scientific collaborates with prestigious organisations like the Nobel Foundation, US National Academies Press, as well as its subsidiary, the Imperial College Press, amongst others, to bring high quality academic and professional content to researchers and academics worldwide. To find out more about World Scientific, please visit http://www.
For more information on the journal, contact Jason CJ at email@example.com