CHICAGO, February 9, 2015 - The Alzheimer's Association International Conference (AAIC) 2015 will be held July 18-23 at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in Washington, DC. AAIC is the world's largest annual gathering and forum for the Alzheimer's and dementia research community - including scientists, clinicians, and care providers.
Press registration for AAIC 2015 is available to credentialed journalists from recognized external print, broadcast, syndicated and online news organizations. If you have questions regarding press registration for AAIC 2015, please contact us at 312-335-5869 or email@example.com.
New studies reported at AAIC 2015 will cover the spectrum of Alzheimer's and dementia research, including causes, risk factors, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention. We anticipate news regarding:
- The latest in Alzheimer's drug trials at all stages of development.
- Emerging roles for imaging and fluid biomarkers in the early detection of Alzheimer's disease.
- Alzheimer's/dementia/cognitive decline risk factors and possible risk reduction techniques.
- Advances in determining the causes of Alzheimer's and related dementias, including genetics.
Key sessions will cover:
- "What Will It Take To End Alzheimer's?"
- "Re-evaluation of Modifiable Lifestyle Factors in Prevention."
- "Current Status of Transmissibility."
All-day pre-conference sessions on Saturday, July 18 include:
- Alzheimer's Imaging Consortium. Focus on the clinical application of neuroimaging (MRI, PET, SPECT, CT and others) to Alzheimer's, other dementias and normal aging.
- Technology and Dementia. Research that utilizes mobile technology, home-based technology and social networking to improve care and support for people with dementia and their care partners.
In the coming months, the Alzheimer's Association will provide accredited media members (1) advance, embargoed news materials and interviews, (2) timing and topics of onsite news briefings, and (3) audio and video interview availabilities, actualities and b-roll.
All materials to be presented at the AAIC 2015 are embargoed for publication and broadcast until the date and time of presentation at the conference, unless the Alzheimer's Association provides written notice of change of date and/or time in advance.
About the Alzheimer's Association International Conference®
AAIC® is the premier forum for presentation and discussion of the latest Alzheimer's and dementia research. Groundbreaking new theories, methods and results will be revealed for the first time. The conference will bring together thousands of leading experts and researchers from around the world, and feature more than 2,200 scientific presentations.
About the Alzheimer's Association®
The Alzheimer's Association is the world's leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer's care, support and research. Our mission is to eliminate Alzheimer's disease through the advancement of research, to provide and enhance care and support for all affected, and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health. Our vision is a world without Alzheimer's. Visit alz.org or call 800.272.3900.