New Rochelle, NY, April 24, 2015 -- Cannabis and Cannabinoid Research, a new peer-reviewed, open access journal from Mary Ann Liebert, Inc., publishers (http://www.
The medical use of cannabis has become a global phenomenon. There are now 1.1 million users of legal medical cannabis in the U.S. Increasing numbers of jurisdictions in the U.S. and around the world are allowing access to herbal cannabis, and a broad new range of policy initiatives are emerging to regulate cannabis production and use to conduct high-quality research. Several medicines based on tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the psychoactive ingredient of cannabis, have been approved as pharmaceutical drugs as medical therapy for a variety of diseases and neurological conditions, such as epilepsy and multiple sclerosis, and pain, including cancer and neuropathic pain.
Cannabis and Cannabinoid Research will publish fully peer-reviewed, evidence-based original articles, review articles, and perspectives on cannabis, cannabinoids, and the endocannabinoid system. The Journal will publish a broad range of human and animal studies including basic and translational research; clinical studies; behavioral, social, and epidemiological issues; and ethical, legal, and regulatory controversies.
An interdisciplinary community including pharmacologists and psychopharmacologists, toxicologists, biochemists, neurologists, psychiatrists, physicians, and other healthcare practitioners, addiction specialists, and regulators and policymakers are invited to participate in this new open access resource.
Topics in Cannabis and Cannabinoid Research will include:
- Biochemical process of the endocannabinoid system
- Cannabinoid receptors and signaling
- Pharmaceuticals based on cannabis and cannabinoids
- Optimal dosing and drug delivery
- Short- and long-term effects on the brain and behavior
- Toxicological studies
- Analgesic effects, including neuropathic pain and chronic nerve injury
- Neurological disorders, including epilepsy, multiple sclerosis, and glaucoma
- Use of cannabis as antinauseants and antispasmodics
- Immune function and chronic inflammation, including HIV
- Cancer and cancer-related treatment
- Screening and assessment for marijuana misuse and addiction
- Social, behavioral, and public health impact
- Ethics, regulation, legalization, and public policy
Cannabis and Cannabinoid Research will build a central forum and repository for peer-reviewed open access papers, as more high-quality research is needed to move the field forward.
For information on manuscript submission or to sign up for email alerts for Cannabis and Cannabinoid Research, please contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org).
About the Publisher Mary Ann Liebert, Inc., publishers liebertpub is a privately held, fully integrated media company known for establishing authoritative peer-reviewed journals in many promising areas of science and biomedical research, including Journal of Medicinal Food, The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, and Journal of Child and Adolescent Psychopharmacology. Its biotechnology trade magazine, Genetic Engineering & Biotechnology News (GEN), was the first in its field and is today the industry's most widely read publication worldwide. A complete list of the firm's 80 journals, books, and newsmagazines is available on the Mary Ann Liebert, Inc., publishers website.