From 27 to 29 May the TECNALIA centre for applied research will be gathering together at the Kursaal Conference Centre in Donostia-San Sebastian the main European experts involved in innovation in solutions for façades. Over three days the Conference will become a meeting point to get to know about the latest trends in the sector, products, solutions and market success stories, thanks to the participation of 70 top international experts.
Façades are the skin of buildings and technological developments have succeeded in getting them to behave as such; now they do more than just protect us from the elements, they are capable of connecting us with our surroundings:
- by capturing energy from the sun
- by regulating air renewal and its quality
- by managing ventilation and heat and cold exchange
What is more, façades constitute the image of a building and give it an architectural look.
During the 7th International Conference on Architectural Envelopes, the TECNALIA centre for applied research will be offering the possibility of getting to know the latest trends and innovations in the construction sector relating to façades. From 27 to 29 May Donostia-San Sebastian will be the meeting point for finding out about the latest trends and most recent innovations in the sector.
Manufacturers of materials and components, architecture and engineering firms and R&D organisations will be offering over 70 papers among which feature the following:
- prestigious architecture firms and specialised consulting companies such as Uli Blum (Zaha Hadid Architects), Edouard Gillon (WATG), Rob Henderson (UNStudio), Alex de Jong (OMA), Rafael de la Hoz, Jesús Cerezo, Xavier Ferrés, Damian Rogan and Lisa Rammig (Eckersley O'Callaghan), Stefan Marinitsch (SEELE GmbH), and Carles Teixidor (Bellapart).
- leading representatives of the industry thanks to a significant number of sponsors and the papers to be delivered by Patrick England (FAEFC, the European Association of Façade Manufacturers), Jos Lenferik (VEKA), Max Radt (WICONA-SAPA), Thiemo Ebbert (Kawneer), among others.
- R&D activities with the participation of Lorenzo Vallés of the European Commission's General Directorate of Research, Ulrich Knaack (TU Delft), and from the AMANAC cluster comprising 26 European projects funded by the 7th Framework Programme, and 255 members.
The ICAE 2015 is being organised by TECNALIA, it is being sponsored by Alucoil, Aluman, ArcelorMittal, Dekton, Dow Corning, Rockwool, Saint Gobain, Parex, Sika, Strow, Veka, and Wicona and has the collaboration of the Spanish Association of Manufacturers of Light Façades and Windows (ASEFAVE), VETECO, the AMANAC cluster (Advanced Material & Nanotechnology Cluster for Energy Efficiency in Buildings), the European Construction Technology Platform (ECTP), the European Steel Technology Platform (ESTEP), the European Façade Network, the Federation of European Window and Curtain Wall Manufacturers' Association (FAECF), the Government of the Basque Autonomous Community, the Spanish Steel Technology Platform (PLATEA) and the Spanish Construction Technology Platform (PTEC).
This Conference will enable TECNALIA to complete its offer as an R&D partner for the growth industry, and the characterisation and evaluation of features of architectural envelopes and their components.