London, UK (15th July, 2015) - SAGE is delighted to announce that as of January 2016, it will publish the prestigious journals of the UK's preeminent learned society in political studies, the Political Studies Association (PSA).
Established in 1950 to develop and promote the study of politics, the PSA has an international membership including academics across political science and current affairs, theorists and practitioners, policy makers and students in higher education. With a unique journal portfolio offering international research within the fields of political studies and international relations, the journals offer unrivaled coverage of the global research and debates within these prominent fields.
As of January 2016, SAGE will be publishing the PSA's full journal portfolio which includes:
- Political Studies - a leading international journal publishing academically rigorous and original work in all fields of politics and international relations.
- Political Studies Review - providing unrivaled review coverage of new books and literature on political sciences in a timely and comprehensive way, the journal showcases a range of approaches to review and debate in the discipline.
- The British Journal of Politics and International Relations (BJPIR) - publishes innovative, cutting edge contemporary scholarship on international relations, comparative politics, public policy, political theory and politics and policy in the UK.
- Politics - disseminates timely, research-led reflections on the state of the art, the state of the world and the state of disciplinary pedagogy. Politics welcomes articles from politics and international studies scholars at all stages of their careers: research in progress; research-led reflections on contemporary events; and theoretically informed reflections on learning and teaching.
- Political Insight - publishes globally accessible content targeted at an audience of lecturers, students, teachers and policy makers.
Speaking of the partnership, SAGE's Global Publishing Director, Ziyad Marar commented:
"We at SAGE have long admired the work of the Political Studies Association. As one of the major learned societies in the social sciences they have contributed hugely to research and scholarship in this vibrant field. Given our own commitment to social science as a whole it should be obvious that our two organizations are very tightly aligned. It is therefore a huge thrill to be publishing their suite of outstanding journals from 2016."
Professor Matthew Flinders, Chair of the Political Studies Association commented:
"We are delighted to announce this new deal with SAGE and are looking forward to working with them from January 2016 to publish our journal portfolio. SAGE have a very impressive knowledge of our discipline and a proven track record of publishing high-quality social science journals. This partnership is an exciting prospect for our members who will reap the rewards by receiving an array of new benefits".
More about the journals can be found here.
SAGE Founded 50 years ago by Sara Miller McCune to support the dissemination of usable knowledge and educate a global community, SAGE publishes more than 850 journals and over 800 new books each year, spanning a wide range of subject areas. A growing selection of library products includes archives, data and video. SAGE remains majority owned by our founder and after her lifetime will become owned by a charitable trust that secures the company's continued independence. Principal offices are located in Los Angeles, London, New Delhi, Singapore and Washington DC.
The Political Studies Association (PSA) exists to develop and promote the study of politics. Founded in 1950, we are the leading Association in our field in the United Kingdom, with an international membership including academics in political science and current affairs, theorists and practitioners, policy-makers, researchers and students in higher education.
Membership of the Political Studies Association is open to everyone interested in the study of politics. For more information, see the members' pages. The PSA is actively engaged in promoting the study of politics and arranges events throughout the UK. https:/