The Academy of Radiology Research is pleased to announce that 37 researchers have been selected to receive the Academy's 2015 Distinguished Investigator Award. This prestigious honor recognizes individuals for their accomplishments in the field of medical imaging.
"The recipients of this Award have made significant contributions to the field of imaging research and are in the top 10% of Radiology Department faculty nationwide," remarked Reed A. Omary, MD, MS, the Co-Chair of the Academy's Distinguished Investigator Council.
"Congratulations to the new members of the Distinguished Investigator Council," said Elizabeth A. Krupinski, PhD, the Co-Chair of the Council. Dr. Krupinski also noted that the awardees have met the following criteria:
- Primary professional appointment in an academic Department of Radiology.
- Recipient of a MD, DO, and/or PhD degree.
- Academic rank of at least Associate Professor or its equivalent.
- Significant research contributions.
- Sustained productivity, including at least 25 peer-reviewed scientific research publications in which they are first author or senior author.
- Demonstrated accomplishment as an independent investigator with a substantial ongoing research program, including at least 6 cumulative years of funding as the Principal Investigator of a major competitive extramural research grant.
To see the full list of 2015 awardees, please visit http://www.