Media can register now for Europe's premier cancer congress: the European Cancer Congress (ECC2015) in Vienna, Friday 25 to Tuesday 29 September 2015
The 18th ECCO - 40th ESMO European Cancer Congress (ECC2015) will take place at the Messe Wien Exhibition and Congress Centre, Vienna, Austria, from Friday 25 to Tuesday 29 September 2015. Registration for bona fide journalists is free.
The majority of the Congress abstracts will be published online at 10.00 hrs CEST on Friday 11 September and can be reported from this time. You can find them at: http://www.
However, any abstracts that are in the official media programme or that are late-breaking or "best" abstracts will not be published online until the day of presentation at the congress and are embargoed until that day.
The European Cancer Congress (ECC2015) is the only cancer meeting in Europe to offer presentations of cutting-edge research across the whole cancer field, from experimental and clinical oncologists, scientists, radiotherapists, epidemiologists, and cancer nurses. At least 20,000 scientists, doctors, nurses, patients, carers and industry representatives are expected to attend and there will be around 2000 presentations. The "late breaking" presentations, where researchers can submit their abstracts after the normal deadline for ECC2015, will have the very latest, up-to-the-minute "hot" news from clinical trials with practice-changing implications.
There will be news briefings at the following times:
Friday 25 September
- 09.30 hrs (CEST) - German-language press conference, chaired by Professor Christoph Zielinski, who chairs the national organising committee for the Congress.
- 16.30 hrs - Opening press conference (in English). This will include abstracts to be presented at the Congress on Saturday, as well as some navigational tips for the Congress from our cancer experts.
Saturday 26 September
- 08.00 hrs - A European Cancer Plan for Children and Adolescents - launch of the European Society for Paediatric Oncology (SIOPE) strategic plan.
- 12.30 hrs - This will preview key presentations to be made on Sunday.
- 13.15 hrs - Lancet Oncology press conference on the Radiotherapy Commission (to be presented in Saturday's Presidential session) and the Surgery Commission (to be presented in Monday's Presidential session).
Sunday 27 September
- 11.30 hrs - This will preview key presentations to be made on Monday.
Monday 28 September
- 11.30 hrs - This will preview key presentations to be made on Monday afternoon.
The content of all the press conferences will be under embargo and, therefore, no live Tweeting will be permitted.
Please take the timing of these press conferences into your calculations when planning your time of arrival.
Further information about the content of these press conferences will be given in a final media alert in September and will be available on the media part of the ECC2015 website: http://www.
There is also information on press office opening times, facilities and policies for embargoes, filming and recording on the website.
Congress Twitter hashtag: #ECC2015