The program for the 2015 International Annual Meeting of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society features more than 400 presentations from leading HF/E experts across multiple domains on topics including patient safety, product design, driver distraction, emergency response, human-robot interaction, and more. The 59th Annual Meeting will be held October 26-30 at the JW Marriott at L.A. LIVE in Los Angeles, California.
Here is just a sampling of the presentations at this year's meeting:
- - "Distraction Becomes Engagement in Automated Driving"
- "The Influence of Robot Form on Trust"
- "Situation Awareness Issues in Unmanned Aircraft Systems Accidents and Incidents"
- "Touch Behavior Analysis for Large-Screen Smartphones"
- "Generational Differences in Adoption and Use of Information and Communications Technology"
- "Manners Matter: Trust in Robotic Peacekeepers"
- Well Clear: General Aviation and Commercial Pilots' Perception of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles in the National Airspace System"
- "Medication Error Propagation in Intensive Care Units"
The 2015 Annual Meeting will kick off on Tuesday, October 27, with a keynote presentation by John J. Nance, a best-selling author, pilot, attorney, and ABC News and Good Morning America aviation correspondent. John is an internationally recognized advocate for air safety, a founder of the National Patient Safety Foundation.
To access the full preliminary program, visit https:/
To obtain copies of papers of interest or a press pass to attend the Annual Meeting, please contact HFES Communications Director Lois Smith (email@example.com) or Communications Associate Cara Quinlan (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The Human Factors and Ergonomics Society is the world's largest scientific association for human factors/ergonomics professionals, with more than 4,800 members globally. HFES members include psychologists and other scientists, designers, and engineers, all of whom have a common interest in designing systems and equipment to be safe and effective for the people who operate and maintain them. "Human Factors and Ergonomics: People-Friendly Design Through Science and Engineering"
Stay tuned for upcoming HFES Events:
2016 International Symposium on Human Factors and Ergonomics in Health Care: Shaping the Future, Hilton San Diego Bayfront, San Diego, California, April 13-16, 2016
2016 ErgoX, Hyatt Regency Orange County, Anaheim, California, June 6-8, 2016
HFES 2016 International Annual Meeting, Washington Hilton, Washington DC, September 19-23, 2016