Co-sponsored by CENDI, National Federation of Advanced Information Services (NFAIS) and the Research Data Alliance/US (RDA/US), and hosted by the Board on Research Data and Information and the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering and Medicine, this one-day workshop for data professionals is focused on the evolving concept of the "commons" and the many challenges associated with its development.
Topics to be covered include privacy, security, customization by various research communities and the need for change in some research cultures.
"The Future of the Commons: Data, Software and Beyond" will provide a platform for attendees to collaborate with their peers and hear from industry experts. Speakers include:
- John Wilbanks, Chief Commons Officer at Sage Bionetworks
- Dr. Michael Carroll, Professor of Law and Director, Program on Information Justice and Intellectual Property, American University Washington College of Law
- Dr. Robert Grossman, Chair - Open Cloud Consortium, University of Chicago, Open Data Group, University of Chicago Booth School of Business
- Laurie Goodman, Editor-In-Chief, GigaScience
- Dr. Maurie Kelly, DataCommons@PSU, Director of the Informatics Group at Penn State Institutes of Energy and the Environment, Penn State University
- Dr. Merce Crosas, Project Lead - Dataverse, Director of Data Science at the Institute for Quantitative Social Science (IQSS) at Harvard University
Mark Your Calendars...Registration Opens in August!
This event is open to the media.
Date: November 18th, 2015
Location: Keck Center, Washington DC, USA
Contact info: Yolanda Meleco, 518-276-4912, email@example.com