San Diego, California - October 5th, 2015 - Ferring Research Institute Inc. today announced the recipients of the 2015 Ferring Innovation Grants. This global program awards each recipient $50,000 to support research in the fields of Reproductive Health, Gastroenterology and/or Urology. This year's winners are:
- Steven Cohn, M.D., Ph.D., University of Virginia, School of Medicine: Immunomodulation of RELMβ as a treatment for IBD
- Nardhy Gomez-Lopez, Ph.D., Wayne State University, School of Medicine: A role for exendin-4 in the prevention of preterm birth
- Peter Gray, Ph.D., The Salk Institute for Biological Studies: Targeting Cripto in castration-resistant prostate cancer
- Guiying Nie, Ph.D., Hudson Institute of Medical Research: Improving fertility by targeting a novel uterine barrier for embryo implantation
- Laura Parry, Ph.D., The University of Melbourne: Treatment of vascular dysfunction in preeclampsia
"We are delighted with the response to the 2015 Ferring Innovation Grant initiative and look forward to the outcome of the innovative research being carried out by all of this year's grant awardees" said Keith James, President Ferring Research Institute, Senior Vice President Research & Development.
About Ferring Research Institute Inc:
Located in San Diego, California Ferring Research Institute Inc. (FRI) is the global peptide therapeutics research center for Ferring Pharmaceuticals. FRI is committed to building a portfolio of novel, innovative peptide-based drugs and biologicals to address the high unmet medical need for patients in our therapeutic areas of interest. For more detailed information please visit http://www.
About Ferring Pharmaceuticals:
Headquartered in Saint-Prex, Switzerland, Ferring Pharmaceuticals is a research-driven, specialty biopharmaceutical group active in global markets. The company identifies, develops and markets innovative products in the areas of reproductive health, urology, gastroenterology, endocrinology and orthopaedics. Ferring has its own operating subsidiaries in nearly 60 countries and markets its products in 110 countries. To learn more about Ferring or its products please visit http://www.