WHEN: Tuesday, March 22, 2016, 9:30 am-4:30 pm U.S. Eastern Time
WHERE: Online at: http://engage.
WHAT: Genetics in Your Clinic: What You Can and Should Do Now, organized in conjunction with LabRoots, is the American Society of Human Genetics' (ASHG) first-ever virtual meeting. Intended for a global audience of primary care providers and other health care professionals, this free event will feature presentations from human genetics experts on:
- Genetic technologies currently available for use in the clinic
- The limitations of these technologies
- Information in personal and family histories that indicate a need for genetic testing
- How to interpret test results in ways most useful to the patient
- When to refer to specialized genetic services
Participants will also receive a Genetics Tool Kit, and will have the opportunity to earn CME and CEU continuing education credits. The meeting will include a 45-minute session that provides identical content in English and Spanish.
HOW: Registration, free of charge and open until the start of the event: http://engage.
DETAILS: View a draft agenda here: