WASHINGTON, Jan 19, 2015 -- Dark, milk, semi-sweet or white, chocolate is a favorite treat for many --many humans that is. As much as we like it, chocolate can be lethal to our canine friends. Why can we humans eat chocolate without any negative effects (besides cavities), but dogs can't? The answer has to do with a specific component of cocoa, and of course, chemistry. This week, Reactions explains the chemistry behind chocolate poisoning in dogs (and cats). Check it out here: https:/
The American Chemical Society is a nonprofit organization chartered by the U.S. Congress. With more than 158,000 members, ACS is the world's largest scientific society and a global leader in providing access to chemistry-related research through its multiple databases, peer-reviewed journals and scientific conferences. Its main offices are in Washington, D.C., and Columbus, Ohio.