WHAT: You are invited to attend the Society of Interventional Radiology's (SIR's) Annual Scientific Meeting, the world's most comprehensive meeting dedicated to education and research that directly benefits patients with innovative, image-guided, minimally invasive medicine.
- More than 5,000 physicians, scientists, and allied health professionals
- More than 400 scientific presentations and 250-plus hours of IR education and programming
- Key studies explore using non-surgical, image-guided treatments to:
- Fight obesity
- Reduce mid-night urination in men with enlarged prostates
- Treat phantom limb pain in amputees
- Improve the quality of life and sexual function of women with uterine fibroids
- Interview image-guided therapy physicians, experts in minimally invasive treatments across the body, who can address some of the hottest topics in interventional radiology.
- The meeting is also a showcase for approximately 125 technical exhibits and product demonstrations.
WHEN: Saturday, April 2-Thursday, April 7, 2016
WHERE: Vancouver Convention Centre, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
HIGHLIGHTS: SIR 2016's general sessions include:
- Innovative care-changing therapies in IR
- The 2016 Dr. Charles T. Dotter Lecture, "competItoR" delivered by Scott O. Trerotola, MD, FSIR, explores how competition spurs innovation and improves patient care .
- How to inspire innovators to develop and patent life-improving devices and procedures