CHICAGO, July 18, 2106 - More than 5,000 epilepsy professionals from around the world will gather December 2-6, 2016 in Houston for the 70th Annual Meeting of the American Epilepsy Society (AES) and the 6th Biennial North American Regional Epilepsy Congress. Held at the George R. Brown Convention Center, the AES Annual Meeting is the largest meeting and exhibition in the world for those who share the common scientific and clinical interests of epilepsy and clinical neurophysiology and features cutting-edge clinical, translational and basic science research. Registration for the meeting is now open and additional information can be found at http://www.
From best practices to breakthrough discoveries, the AES Annual Meeting offers diverse educational experiences for professionals at all levels -- symposia, poster sessions, special interest group sessions, scientific exhibits and workshops -- featuring research from across the field and around the globe. Some of the featured symposia include:
- Epilepsy Care: A Futurist View - a glimpse of future trends in diagnosis and treatment.
- Choosing from the Feast of Epilepsy Surgery Procedures -- How Do We Decide the Best Course for Each Patient?
- Risky Business: From Repetitive Seizures to Status -- discussing the newest definitions and the most recent evidenced-based guidelines.
- Interprofessional Assessment and Intervention of the Psychosocial Comorbidities of Epilepsy.
- Controversies in the Management of Epilepsy During Pregnancy
- Multiscale Imaging of Seizures & Epilepsy
The five-day meeting is attended by epilepsy professionals from more than 60 countries, across the range of work settings, professional roles and experience levels -- neurologists, epileptologists, neurophysiologists, neuroscientists, neurosurgeons, internists, pediatricians, pharmacists, nurses, social workers, and others.
Additional conference program information, registration and housing instructions, and other details are available on the AES website at http://www.
About the American Epilepsy Society
The American Epilepsy Society is a medical and scientific society whose members are engaged in research and clinical care for people with epilepsy. For more than 75 years, AES has provided a dynamic global forum where professionals from academia, private practice, not-for-profit, government and industry can learn, share and grow. Find out more at aesnet.org.