WHO: The Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions (SCAI)
WHAT: The 40th Annual SCAI Scientific Sessions will take place May 10-13, 2017, at the Hilton New Orleans Riverside in New Orleans. Coinciding with the 40th anniversary of the first angioplasty procedure which revolutionized medical science, SCAI 2017 will attract more than 1,500 interventional cardiologists and cardiovascular professionals from across the globe for a dynamic four-day program featuring live cases, renowned speakers, late-breaking clinical trials, case reviews, abstract presentations, and interactive workshops.
WHEN: May 10-13, 2017
WHERE: Hilton New Orleans Riverside
Two Poydras Street
New Orleans, LA 70130
SPEAKERS: SCAI 2017 is thrilled to announce that Arianna Huffington will provide the keynote address for this year's annual meeting. Ms. Huffington is the visionary behind the Huffington Post, as well as the author of fifteen books, including the New York Times bestseller The Sleep Revolution: Transforming Your Life, One Night at a Time. The message around The Sleep Revolution is critical to the members of the interventional cardiovascular community, who by the nature of their occupation, often suffer from the effects of interrupted and reduced sleep.
- Keynote Address: Arianna Huffington, Author of The Sleep Revolution: Transforming Your Life, One Night at a Time
- Featured Lecture: Anne LeGrand, Vice President, Imaging, IBM Watson Health
- Founders' Lecture: Christopher J. White, MD, MSCAI, Director, John Ochsner Heart and Vascular Institute, Ochsner Clinic Foundation
- Hildner Lecture: Morton J. Kern, MD, MSCAI, Chief of Medicine, Long Beach VA Health Care System
- Mullins Lecture: Lee N. Benson, MD, FSCAI, Director, Cardiac Diagnostic and Interventional Unit, The Hospital for Sick Children
- 40th anniversary celebration of SCAI and angioplasty
- Live case presentations
- Late-breaking clinical trial presentations with real-world analysis
- Hildner, Mullins, and Founders' Lectures
- SCAI's Cath Lab Leadership Boot Camp
For the most up-to-date program information, please visit: http://www.
For media registration, please contact Kimberly Brown at email@example.com.
Join the conversation online by using the official meeting hashtag, #SCAI2017, and follow @SCAI on Twitter for the latest updates.
The Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions is a 4,300-member professional organization representing invasive and interventional cardiologists in approximately 70 countries. SCAI's mission is to promote excellence in invasive/interventional cardiovascular medicine through physician and allied health professional education and representation, and advancement of quality standards to enhance patient care. For more information about SCAI, visit http://www.