The annual joint Congress of the International Osteoporosis Foundation (IOF) and European Society for Clinical and Economic Aspects of Osteoporosis, Osteoarthritis and Musculoskeletal Diseases (ESCEO) will be held in Florence, Italy from March 23-26, 2017.
With close to 5000 delegates expected, the Congress features a high-profile faculty comprising the world's leading experts in the bone, muscle and joint field.
The Congress is a key opportunity for investigators to present their new clinical research at a global forum that brings together key opinion leaders, leading researchers and clinicians from all regions of the world. The Congress is Co-chaired by Professor John Kanis (IOF President) and Professor Jean-Yves Reginster (ESCEO). The Scientific Programme Committee is headed by Professors René Rizzoli (ESCEO) and Professor Cyrus Cooper (IOF).
Prof. Jean-Yves Reginster stated: "We're looking forward to presenting a very innovative, clinically focused scientific programme. Many non-sponsored symposia on 'hot' topics in the field are planned, as are special lectures and sessions focusing on emerging areas of research related to healthy ageing, nutrition, frailty and sarcopenia, among other topics of current concern."
- Accepted abstracts, which must be submitted by January 13, 2017, will be published in a supplement issue of the leading journal 'Osteoporosis International'. In 2016 more than 1250 abstracts were submitted and more than 50 noteworthy abstracts were invited as oral presentation; all abstracts invited for presentation as posters.
wco-iof-esceo. org/ abstracts
- Various grants are available for young investigators. Information about grants and awards can be found here: http://www.
wco-iof-esceo. org/ awards
- The Congress has been granted 15 European CME credits by the EACCME. The complete scientific programme can be viewed at http://www.
wco-iof-esceo. org/ thursday-23
- Pre-registration deadline is March 6th : online registration is available here
- WCO-IOF-ESCEO 2017 will be held in the 'Fortezza da Basso' Congress Centre in the historic centre of Florence, Italy.
World Congress on Osteoporosis, Osteoarthritis & Musculoskeletal Diseases (WCO-IOF-ESCEO Florence 2017):
Held jointly by IOF and ESCEO, the Congress will take place in Florence, Italy, from March 23-26, 2017. WCO-IOF-ESCEO is the world's largest annual forum for the presentation of clinical research and new advances in the prevention and management of bone, muscle and joint disorders, including sarcopenia and frailty. For complete information visit http://www.
The International Osteoporosis Foundation (IOF) is the world's largest nongovernmental organization dedicated to the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of osteoporosis and related musculoskeletal diseases. IOF members, including committees of scientific researchers as well as 234 patient, medical and research societies in 99 locations, work together to make fracture prevention and healthy mobility a worldwide heath care priority. http://www.
The European Society for Clinical and Economic Aspects of Osteoporosis and Osteoarthritis (ESCEO) is a non-profit organization, dedicated to a close interaction between clinical scientists dealing with rheumatic disorders, pharmaceutical industry developing new compounds in this field, regulators responsible for the registration of such drugs and health policy makers, to integrate the management of osteoporosis and osteoarthritis within the comprehensive perspective of health resources utilization. The objective of ESCEO is to provide practitioners with the latest clinical and economic information, allowing them to organize their daily practice, in an evidence-based medicine perspective, with a cost-conscious perception. http://www.