National Research University Higher School of Economics, in cooperation with the global online learning platform Coursera, is holding eLearning Stakeholders and Researchers Summit 2017 (eSTARS) -- the international conference focused on scientific and practical aspects of online education on October 10-11, 2017 in Moscow.
eSTARS 2017 attracts researchers and practitioners from around the world, as well as from universities and business communities, to improve online learning.
The first day of eSTARS will be devoted to the discussion of educational and state policy in the field of online learning, general trends and clarification of the stakeholders' position. Plenary reports, discussion panels with participation of rectors of Coursera partner universities and other Russian leading universities, policy makers, business, special reports of leaders of online educational platforms, round tables, etc. are planned on this day.
The second day of the conference will be devoted to academic and applied research of online learning in the broadest sense - as a social, economic, cultural, etc. phenomenon. On top of the research-related reports presented in several parallel sessions, the Day 2 program includes plenary panel sessions, roundtable discussions and workshops.
Areas of discussion:
- Online learning as an element of formal and non-formal education
- Evaluation and recognition strategies: certificates, credits and diplomas online
- Management of online education, organizational and marketing solutions to improve the effectiveness of online learning
- Data Analysis and Research in eLearning
- Professional development and support of educators implementing online learning
- Open educational resources
- Economics of Online Learning
- Sociology of Online Learning
- Philosophical and cultural aspects of online learning
- New technologies and methods for organizing online learning
- Learning Analytics and Productivity of Students
- Personalized and adaptive learning
Authors who wish to participate in the conference with a report should submit their Abstract electronically by registering at the Conference website. Abstract deadline is June 18, 2017. Final Participant registration is open till September 10, 2017; early bird registration is open till July 16, 2017.
For more information and key dates, please visit the conference web-site: estars.hse.ru.