The 2017 European Respiratory Society Congress will take place at the Mico Milano Congressi from Saturday 9 September to Wednesday 13 September, 2017.
The Congress will be attended by the world's leading respiratory experts and professionals who will be presenting the latest cutting-edge research in a large and varied scientific programme.
Over 4,000 abstracts will cover areas such as lung cancer, tuberculosis (TB), children's lung health, personalised medicine, e-cigarettes, antibiotic resistance and risk factors for lung disease.
Here are examples of some of the new research to be presented at the Congress:
- Evaluation of respiratory irritants among the most popular e-cigarette refill liquids across 9 European countries
- Early-life respiratory tract infections and the risk of lower lung function and asthma: a meta-analysis of 154,492 children
- Hormone replacement therapy may preserve lung function during reproductive aging
- Antibiotic use in children with asthma
- + much more
An opening press conference on the most exciting new research will be held on Sunday 10 September at 10:00 (CET). More information on the content of the press conference will be available nearer the time and contained in future media alerts.
The European Respiratory Society welcomes the interest of the press in respiratory issues and is happy to provide full assistance to journalists attending the 2017 ERS Congress, or using the Congress website as a resource in their coverage of respiratory issues. A media centre and press working room will be available at the congress centre for your use.
The 2017 ERS Congress is open to representatives of print, electronic and broadcast media. To register, visit: https:/
/ erscongress. org/ about-ers-2017/ media-centre-2017. html
- If you have any questions, contact:
Press and Communications for the ERS Congress
Tel: +44 114 267 2866