Journalists are invited to Europe's largest congress on radiation oncology, ESTRO 37, organised by the European Society for Radiotherapy and Oncology (ESTRO). It will take place in Barcelona, Spain, from 20-24 April 2018.
What is ESTRO 37?
The ESTRO 37 congress will feature new research results in clinical radiation oncology, radiobiology, physics, technology, patient care, radiation therapy and brachytherapy, presented by top doctors, scientists, radiation therapists and cancer nurses from all over the world, working together for the benefit of cancer patients. The congress theme is "Innovation for value and access", as ESTRO recognises that the search for better, more accurate and precise treatments has to go hand-in-hand with efforts to provide all patients with equality of access to radiation oncology at both the European and global level.
The congress is expected to attract 5,000 delegates from more than 80 countries.
The congress will cover the entire spectrum of radiotherapy, both external beam and internal beam with brachytherapy, and highlight what is new across fields as diverse as:
- state-of-the-art brachytherapy for breast, prostate and other cancers
- combination radiotherapy and targeted agents
- radiotherapy and health economics
- radiomics and radiogenomics
- how to select the right patients for proton therapy in Europe
- emerging technologies in particle therapy
- long-term effects in cancer survivors
- targeted therapy, stem cells, and normal tissue toxicity
To find full details about ESTRO 37:
The ESTRO web site has full details about ESTRO 37, including the scientific programme, venue, accommodation, media registration etc: https:/