WHEN: Tuesday to Saturday, Oct. 16-20, 2018
WHERE: San Diego Convention Center
111 West Harbor Drive, San Diego, CA 92101
WHAT: The latest research in human genetics, presented in invited and platform (oral) sessions, posters, and more at the world's largest human genetics meeting. Examples of ASHG 2018 sessions and topics (more detail found on the schedule):
Plenary sessions covering topics such as:
- Discovery of novel dominant developmental disorders
- Massive study identifying genes associated with autism
- Measuring the dynamics of the human mutation rate
- Working with Big Data in the Cloud - Research and Privacy: Joint Session with the International
- Genetic Epidemiology Society and the International Society for Computational Biology
- Rare Diseases and Rare Adverse Drug Reactions: Joint Session with the Pharmacogenomics
- Origins of Our Species: Advances in Our Understanding of Ancient Humans in Africa:
- Cancer associations with a variety of genetic variants
- Gene editing and CRISPR/Cas9
- Bioinformatics, big data, and computational biology
- Neurological traits and disease related to genetics
- Omics research: the genome, proteome, transcriptome, epigenome, and more
- Research with direct or future applications to medicine and healthcare
- Precision and personalized medicine
HOW: Advance press registration: http://www.
Press policies and guidelines:
Hotel reservations: If you plan to make hotel reservations, ASHG recommends that you do so now: http://www.
DETAILS: For additional information, visit: http://www.