The largest and most influential international meeting dedicated to advancing dementia science, the Alzheimer's Association International Conference (AAIC) 2019, will be held July 14-18 at the Los Angeles Convention Center. Each year, AAIC convenes the world's leading basic science and clinical researchers, next generation investigators, clinicians and the care research community to share breaking research discoveries that will lead to preventions, treatments and improvements in diagnosis for Alzheimer's disease and other dementias.
Bringing together scientists from more than 70 countries, AAIC 2019 is expected to feature roughly 3,000 scientific presentations focusing on basic science, emerging research, innovative practice techniques, clinical trials, biomarker advances, technology and late-breaking "Developing Topics."
New studies reported at AAIC 2019 will cover the spectrum of Alzheimer and dementia research, including causes, risk factors, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention. We anticipate news regarding:
- The latest in Alzheimer's drug and non-drug (lifestyle) therapy trials at all stages of development.
- Emerging roles for imaging and fluid biomarkers in the early detection of Alzheimer's disease.
- Alzheimer's/dementia/cognitive decline risk factors and possible risk reduction strategies.
- Advances in determining the causes of Alzheimer's and other dementias, including genetics.
Complimentary news media registration will be available to approved, credentialed journalists from recognized external print, broadcast, syndicated and online news organizations with assignments.
- Detailed information about news media credentials is available on the AAIC Press page.
- Note: To receive the embargoed news materials for AAIC 2019, even if you do not plan to attend the conference, you must register for press credentials.
- If you have questions regarding news media registration for AAIC 2019, please contact us at 312-335-5869 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
All materials presented at the AAIC 2019 are embargoed for publication and broadcast until the date and time of presentation at the conference, or an embargo time specified by the Alzheimer's Association in advance.
The Alzheimer's Association International Conference (AAIC) is the world's largest gathering of researchers from around the world focused on Alzheimer's and other dementias. As a part of the Alzheimer's Association's research program, AAIC serves as a catalyst for generating new knowledge about dementia and fostering a vital, collegial research community.
AAIC 2019 home page: http://www.
AAIC 2019 newsroom: http://www.
About the Alzheimer's Association®
The Alzheimer's Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer's care, support and research. Our mission is to eliminate Alzheimer's disease through the advancement of research, to provide and enhance care and support for all affected, and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health. Our vision is a world without Alzheimer's. Visit alz.org or call 800.272.3900.