New Rochelle, NY, February 5, 2019 - Mary Ann Liebert, Inc., publishers announces the new scope, vision, and leadership of Healthcare Transformation: Artificial Intelligence, Automation, and Robotics under Editor-in-Chief Jonathan Linkous, Co-Founder and CEO of the Partnership for Artificial Intelligence, Automation, and Robotics in Healthcare (PATH). The Journal will publish peer-reviewed research, reviews, commentaries, point/counter-point debates, opinions, and expert roundtable discussions that have the potential to significantly improve human health, well-being and patient outcomes. It is the official journal of PATH.
"There has been much written about transforming our current healthcare systems and the business practices that can harness new ideas to change the course of the status quo, but there is no valuable forum that has been designed to accelerate the pace of significant transformations in healthcare," says Editor-in-Chief Jon Linkous. "This journal will provide that forum for breakthrough research, discussion, and debate that has the capacity to improve patient care, patient outcomes, and our overall mental and physical health."
Editor Linkous leads a multidisciplinary editorial team of well-known opinion leaders and original thinkers in the medical and technology community including:
- Christine Cassel, MD, UCSF, former President and CEO of the National Quality Forum and former President and CEO of the American Board of Internal Medicine;
- Eric Dishman, Director of the Precision Medicine Initiative Cohort Program, National Institutes of Health;
- Ateev Mehrota, MD, MPH, associate professor of health care policy and medicine at Harvard Medical School and a hospitalist at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center;
- Blackford Middleton, MD, MPH MSc, Chief Informatics and Innovation Officer, Apervita, Inc., Past Chair of the Board, AMIA;
- COL (Ret.) Ron Poropatich, MD, Executive Director, Center for Military Medicine Research, Health Sciences, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
- Jay Sanders, MD, FACP, FACAAI, FATA, The Global Telemedicine Group - President Emeritus of the American Telemedicine Association, Professor of Medicine (Adjunct) at Johns Hopkins School of Medicine;
- Sharon F. Terry, MA, President and CEO, Genetic Alliance, Washington, DC; and
- Immediate Past Editor-in-Chief, Stephen Klasko, MD, CEO of Jefferson Health who is continuing on as a senior board member on the Journal
Publishing quarterly online and in print, Healthcare Transformation will provide an exclusive view into effective practices and strategies presented by leaders in the field. Readers can become participants in a unique multimedia platform that allows for dialogue among a community of top academic scientists, corporate innovators, business leaders, and influencers who provide unique and fascinating views on the meaningful actions in transforming our healthcare system for a better future.
"The power of technology and its contribution to healthcare is already well recognized; telemedicine and wearable devices are just two examples," says Mary Ann Liebert, Founder, President, and CEO of Mary Ann Liebert, Inc., publishers. "Healthcare Transformation: Automation, Artificial Intelligence, and Robotics will be the go-to platform to unite these important technologies and meaningfully advance patient care around the globe. This journal is the only publication that brings these worlds together to ensure successful implementation of current and future technological advances that have great promise for patient care and patient outcomes."
About the Publisher
Mary Ann Liebert, Inc., publishers is a privately held, fully integrated media company known for establishing authoritative medical and biomedical peer-reviewed journals, including Telemedicine and e-Health; Population Health Management; Big Data; Soft Robotics, and Games for Health Journal. Its biotechnology trade magazine, Genetic Engineering & Biotechnology News (GEN), was the first in its field and is today the industry's most widely read publication worldwide. A complete list of the firm's more than 80 journals, newsmagazines, and books is available on the Mary Ann Liebert, Inc., publishers website.