WASHINGTON, D.C., April 23, 2019 -- The Acoustical Society of America (ASA) will hold its 177th meeting May 13-17 at the Galt House Hotel in Louisville, Kentucky.
This major scientific conference brings together interdisciplinary groups of researchers from many far-flung fields, including physics, medicine, music, psychology, architecture and engineering, to discuss their latest research. It will feature nearly 1,000 presentations on sound and its applications. A list of interesting sessions appears below.
Reporters are invited to attend the meeting for free (see details below). Reporters may also view a live media webcast featuring a selection of newsworthy research. The webcast will take place Tuesday, May 14. Times and topics will be announced in May, and journalists may register to watch the press conferences live at https:/
SAMPLING OF INTERESTING SESSIONS
- Acoustics of Healthcare Facilities (Session 1aNS)
- Battlefield Acoustics (Sessions 1aPA and 1pPAa)
- Restaurant Acoustics (Session 5aAA)
- Understanding Animal Song (Session 5aAB)
- General Topics in Musical Acoustics (Session 2aMU)
- Marine Mammal Bioacoustics (Session 4aAB)
- Properties of Speech Directed Toward Infants and Children (Session 2aSCb)
- Noise: Libraries, Media Centers, and Similar Spaces (Session 2aAAa)
- Interdisciplinary: Hot Topics in Acoustics (Session 3pID)
- Integrated Approach to Speech Privacy (Session 1aAA)
- Future Directions in Acoustical Oceanography (Session 1aAO)
- Smart Materials for Acoustics and Vibration (Sessions 1aSAa and 1pSA)
- Acoustic Vehicle Alerts: Effects on Soundscape, Quality of Life, and Traffic Safety (Session 1pNS)
More information on these and all other meeting sessions is available at https:/
MORE MEETING INFORMATION
Main meeting website: http://acousticalsociety.
Technical program: https:/
Press Room: http://acoustics.
WORLD WIDE PRESS ROOM
In the coming weeks, ASA's World Wide Press Room will be updated with additional tips on dozens of newsworthy stories and with lay language papers, which are 300-500 word summaries of presentations written by scientists for a general audience and accompanied by photos, audio and video. You can visit the site during the meeting at http://acoustics.
We will grant free registration to credentialed staff journalists and professional freelance journalists. If you are a reporter and would like to attend, contact the AIP Media Line at 301-209-3090 or email@example.com. Our media staff can also help with setting up interviews and obtaining images, sound clips or background information.
LIVE MEDIA WEBCAST
A press briefing will be webcast live from the conference Tuesday, May 14, in the Laffoon Room of the Galt House Hotel in Louisville, Kentucky. Register at https:/
ABOUT THE ACOUSTICAL SOCIETY OF AMERICA
The Acoustical Society of America (ASA) is the premier international scientific society in acoustics devoted to the science and technology of sound. Its 7,000 members worldwide represent a broad spectrum of the study of acoustics. ASA publications include The Journal of the Acoustical Society of America (the world's leading journal on acoustics), Acoustics Today magazine, books, and standards on acoustics. The society also holds two major scientific meetings each year. For more information about ASA, visit our website at http://www.