BioOne honors five early career authors who best communicate the importance and impact of their specialized research to the public.
Effective communication is fundamental to ensuring the use of scientific information to make informed, evidence-based decisions. BioOne invited qualified nominees to submit a 250-word, plain-language summary explaining the impact of their work on the public at large. BioOne is pleased to recognize these five individuals for their clarity and creativity.
- - Dr. Mack W. Frantz, nominated by the American Ornithological Society
- Dr. Claudia Hermes, nominated by the Editor in Chief of Écoscience
- Dr. Jenny Hofmeister, nominated by the American Malacological Society
- Rhett M. Rautsaw, Ph.D. Student, nominated by the American Society of Ichthyologists and Herpetologists
- Dr. Lucrecia Souviron Priego, nominated by SEO/Birdlife
Now in its second year, BioOne's Ambassador Award was created to spotlight rising scholars in their specialties and generate a wider interest in recent scientific research from our publishing partners. Each winner receives a $1,000 award and wide dissemination of their research.
BioOne is a non-profit publisher committed to making scientific research more accessible. We curate content and support discourse while exploring new models in scientific publishing. BioOne's core product is BioOne Complete, an online aggregation of subscribed and open-access titles in the biological, ecological, and environmental sciences. BioOne Complete provides libraries with cost-effective access to high-quality research and independent society publishers with a dynamic, community-based platform and global distribution.